Distributor Setup

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Distributor Setup
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy McGuire on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 12:16 pm:

I know, I know. I'm a coil guy and all 6 of my other T's run well on them, but Im building a speedster with no magnets and no generator and I had this distributor sitting around from a speedster that I made about 25 years ago. It is the one with a modern head and two part linkage (with the aggravating swivel thingy).

Does anybody have a scan on the setup instructions for this?

Does anybody have a photo of it mounted up correctly?

By the way, I've got a fresh set of coils and a rebuilt coil box already mounted in the firewall in case I just get frustrated!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred McDonald on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 04:13 pm:

Billy: Don't know if this is what you need but here is a picture of the motor on my speedster with a distributor. I don't have any mags or coil box. I do run a generator with an 8V regulator to charge the 8V battery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 06:17 pm:

One thing that bothered me about trying a distributor was having to drill two holes in the firewall that would need to be removed later.

I solved the problem by mounting the coil close to the distributor. That leaves a shorter wire to radiate noise. The coil gets plenty of air from the fan and is never too hot to touch.

The holes in that clamp have to be enlarged slightly and a longer screw is used to add an insulation area between the coil and the clamp. Gasket material makes a good insulator.

Coil

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration