Clutch disks for 26 27

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Clutch disks for 26 27
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Or on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 11:22 pm:

Will the earlier clutch disks work in a 1926-27 transmission? I may have to use the ones that were in this transmission if they don't. The ones that were in it are not in the best of shape but they aren't real bad.
Thanks
PS I am not looking to buy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 11:40 pm:

No,they have to be cut so you have proper clearances.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Or on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 12:58 am:

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 03:29 am:

I needed some several years ago. I ground the other four flats on the sides of the 13 discs on my bench grinder. Do it slowly as you don't want to get them too hot. It worked just fine.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 09:12 am:

You can shear them,but it plays heck on the shear blade.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 11:27 am:

I think you can buy new ones. Check Lang's or similar.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration