Stewart & Clark Model 11 speedometer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Stewart & Clark Model 11 speedometer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Calvin M Runyan on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 11:42 pm:

Found a speedometer and would like info on and to find out value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 09:09 am:

There are three completely different speedometers that are called Stewart and Clark Model 11's. The earliest ones have a high speed drive ratio and the later ones have the low speed ratio. This model was the "top-of-the-line" for Stewart and was produced for larger cars than a Model T. Value is subjective, based upon condition and year of manufacture.

Hope this helps,
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Calvin M Runyan on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 06:46 pm:

Thanks for the info...the condition id call really good except for some fine dust under lense ..the brass is all good...how do i determine the year of manufacture? It has 5 digits on season and three on trip...below it has stewart speedometer then model 11... stewart and clark manufacturing chicago il and a dial from 0 to 60 with needle dial..any info you can give me would be appreciated..thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 07:32 pm:

I'd suggest uploading a photo.
BTW, check out "brass speedometers" on eBays completed items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 07:50 pm:

Calvin,
There is a serial number stamped on the dial face. Usually this number is found near the bottom of the dial face. The serial number is preceded by a letter and the letter explains the year of manufacture. The letter "A" is found on 1910, high speed speedometers, "B" designated late 1910 and 1911, "C" = 1911, "D" = 1912, "E" = 1913, and "F" = 1914. Earlier Model 11's have a variety of letters and do not correspond to the year of manufacture.

Hope this helps,
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Calvin M Runyan on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 10:35 pm:

Thanks for all the info....Im on the corvette forums often but the model t forum is new to me...thanks for being helpful...the serial number is D 20371. Is there any value for this? I was thinking of making a bracket to hang on garage wall. Thank you If anyone would be interested I will try to figure out how to upload picture.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration