Need oil seals

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Need oil seals
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 06:25 am:

Fellows,

I need a source of oil seals to use around the pedal shafts on alloy trans covers. In the past I have used a single lip seal which is 5/8" inside diameter, 13/16" outside diameter and 1/8" wide. Nobody in Australia stocks them anymore, as far as I have been able to establish. I need 12 of them. If you know of a stockist who has them on the shelf, I would appreciate knowing how to get some.

Hoping for some help

Allan from down under

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 05:15 pm:

Try e-mailing these guys techsupport@applied.com

If any bunch can get them, they should be able to. They are in the USA, but are probably your best shot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 02:07 am:

John,

Emailed those guys and the email was restricted to that address and won't go through.

Back to square one.
Thanks for your interest.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 12:36 pm:

use www.applied.com

or try http://www.surfrainbow.com/Products.aspx?CatId=199

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode - Onalaska, WA, USA on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 12:55 pm:

I looked on applied and came up with:
Garlock Single Lip Without Spring Shaft Seal Internal, Single Lip Without Spring, Steel Case Without Inner Case, 0.625" Shaft Diameter, 0.813" Housing Diameter, 0.094" Wide
Part#: 26001-7020
Item#: 2936359
$8.34
In stock

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:37 am:

Thanks fellows.
Jim, your information is spot on. When I rang my supplier the youngster on the phone could find a listing for a seal with the two dimensions for the inside and outside diameters but nothing with a width of .125" like my sample. He didn't have the nous to tell me he could supply a .094" wide one!

I have 4 on the way fron Sydney, due to arrive on Tuesday, interestingly at a price of $7.70. I will be curious to see where they originated from.

Thanks again for yor help.

Allan from down under

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration