License Plates

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: License Plates
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 05:32 pm:

My T's first new plates in 50 years just came in the mail. Ain't they purdy !

I would love to see at least one plate from each of the 50 states. Period plates or antique or horseless carriage plates if your state has them. Post a picture if you can.

(Do Alaska and Hawaii even have any T's ?? Is there any state that has no registered T's ?)

Florida Horseless Carrige Plates

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 05:38 pm:

Hey neat idea! I'll post the original Oregon plate for my 27 coupe when I get home tonight.

Looking good there, Schuh..love that tail light.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St. Louis MO on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 05:49 pm:

Bud, Missouri allows Year of Manufacture plates. This is mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 06:13 pm:

1912 horseless carraige plate I will be making a leather plate for this car.
A858

1916 touring plate

A856

`919 Center Door

A857

1924 Coupe

A854

Montana 500 car

A855

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 06:17 pm:

A858

1916 Touring

A856

1919 Center Door

\1924 Coupe

A854

Montana 500 car

A855

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 06:20 pm:

A857

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 06:36 pm:

Here is a pic of the plate on my '23 Runabout:

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 06:38 pm:

Here are 8 different ones, If any one would like to part with any from other states I would like to do all 50 states.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 06:44 pm:

The photograph below was put together by the folks that put on the National Tour in Montana last year. These were the tags of all of the cars that were on the tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 06:45 pm:

I forgot the most important one,before cars.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 06:51 pm:

Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 08:21 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 08:25 pm:

Sorry, I can do better than that:
plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Norton on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 08:36 pm:

http://www.porcelainplates.net/the_archive.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 09:11 pm:

On the composite picture that Mike Vaughn posted above, the plate on the bottom row, 3rd from the left, C26 375 WIS is mine from our '26 Roadster Pickup. It is an original plate that has been repainted.

Just to the right of mine, plate# 77090C Wisconsin Collector, is owned I think by Dennis and Dena Gorder of Baraboo, WI and is a currently issued plate.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 09:27 pm:

Lenis' Tag

Some ribbon left on from the parade I see.

Parade Pic with License

Unfortunately I told the lady at DMV that I had a cut-off touring that was turned into a truck. So she insisted (as did the lady she called at the State) that my car is "modified" and therefore not eligible to use the year of manufacture tag as the recorded tag. So it is mounted on the side as you see above. I had to get a regular tag which is on the back. My attempts to explain that "modified" is in reference to hot rods fell on deaf ears.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 10:18 pm:

Our two cars from Washington State

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 10:22 pm:

In honor of Rural America and Lightning. That is also my 27 NM in Mike's post above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 10:47 pm:

Kieth
I think that the picture of plates were ones on cars that were on the tour ,thay are most likley all valed licence plates from there states.It makes a great wall hanging.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 11:44 pm:

For the '23 touring.

For the '15 runabout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 12:03 am:

Well if we just count license plates mounted on T's, I make it 10 out of 50 states.

C'mon guys where's your state pride ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode - Onalaska, WA, USA on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 12:06 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 12:34 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 01:03 am:

Great pics, all! But crap, I can't find my original plate. It's in a box somewhere in the shop. I guess I could post a pic of the modern "antique" issued plate but that seems a bit anticlimactic...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Button III (Chip) on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 01:03 am:

Not on the car yet. Waiting for NY paperwork. In NY they have to be original and NOT restored

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 01:06 am:

I still want to know how they know whether a plate's been restored.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 01:47 am:

Here is Illinois.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 02:01 am:

Nebraska

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Pacoima, CA on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 02:01 am:

Maybe they take paint chips and compare them to original paint chips (not damn likely I'd warrant) probably has something to do with how shiny they are or soft the paint is.

Steve in Tenn, how come you didn't just tell them your car is a Roadster Pickup? That's a legitimate Ford body style, that way you could have had your plate on the front instead of pon the side there.

I've seen a couple of plates on ebay that say they are DMV cleared, but how do you know that they truly are? I don't want to outlay the cash for a set and then come to find I can't use the bloody things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David J. Holland on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 03:10 am:

The gold color tail lamp on Bud's Florida car seems to be painted with a good modern spray. Here is one real brass and brass plated. E&J Pat. 6-23-14. Complete and could it have been a factory display item? I don't have the mate...Brass '15 style side lamp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 09:19 am:

Martin, you can clear the plates yourself. Just give the numbers to the DMV and they'll tell you if the plates are OK to use. If the numbers aren't being used on a currently registered vehicle, they're good to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 09:57 am:

David

Your right, the tail light has been painted. The paint used was labeled "gold" but really is a brass color. The good news is that so far it doesn't seem to tarnish and it has not been clear coated!

It also passes the 20/20 test (20 feet away and 20 mph and you can't tell the differance)

I think the paint is Rustoleum Gold but if anyones interested I will be glad to check and make sure thats right.

Its not a bad alternative for those of us with shallow pockets. Maybe someday I'll replace it with the real thing.

schuh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 11:01 am:

Bud
I'm not sure but I think looking back that Alaska Terr.issued city plates well past the Model T era. and I believe they were leather, probably all rotted away by now. Would like to find a 1916.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Streblow on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 01:30 pm:

24 TT Plate1924 California commercial plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Streblow on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 01:55 pm:

Try again24 TT Plate California Commercial

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 02:28 pm:

Iowa 1923. Not the correct "Truck" plate. It'll have to do till the right one comes along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 03:32 pm:

Here is a better one from ILLINOISILL license plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 06:00 pm:

Oooooooooh - thats good John!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Granger, Washington on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 06:31 pm:

I know this is for the Model A era, but you just gotta love having a spud on your license plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders-Auburn Al on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 12:59 pm:

Here's mine, Alabama plates of this vintage are hard to find.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 05:08 pm:

Although it's not easy to read, here's a Jersey plate from 1925. New Jersey required two plates, one front and one back even way back then. I have the matching set, purchased for 10 bucks at the Englishtown, NJ swapmeet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 05:18 pm:

Ten bucks for a set of good plates is a great price. You got a deal. I think that by 1925 most states had front and back plates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael D. Zahorik on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 05:20 pm:

Here's a couple of 1926 Wisconsin plates that I use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 05:41 pm:

Can anyone identify these?
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark stewart on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 06:29 pm:

Obamas Limo Plates. Ha ha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker -- NW Ark. on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 06:52 pm:

I guess I'd better pick up the flag for the great state of Arkansas and carry it forward. Here is a pic of an Arkansas Antique plate on a car. I got the plate new in 1971.

plate

Here's a pic of another one up close so you can see it better. This one is mint condition (but a little dusty) from the 70's and has never been on a car.

p2

I also have all the Arkansas plates from 1911 (first issue) on up, in case anyone's interested in seeing a particular Model T year plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Young--- Maltby, WA on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:02 pm:

Here are few of mine. I pick one up each time I drive my T through a state---- NOT. Jimwawiscnh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Anchorage, Alaska on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:05 pm:

Bud: I can attest to the fact that there are Ts in Alaska. I know of several and personally have seven plus a 1906 N.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Young--- Maltby, WA on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:05 pm:

MORE plates. ILLINOIS with and without air holes. oremichillill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Young--- Maltby, WA on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:08 pm:

FEW MOREconnohimasspany

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Young--- Maltby, WA on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:13 pm:

Can't get a picture of the rest. Model T parked in front of wall. gg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Young--- Maltby, WA on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:14 pm:

If anyone has any 1917 state plates that I don't have I would be interested in purchasing them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Missett Wyoming, PA (NE) on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 10:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Missett Wyoming, PA (NE) on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 10:28 pm:

The purple PA antique plate is no longer available and this is the new one. :-(
I prefer the old purple one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 11:36 pm:

I think we've got a picture of just about every states antique or horesless carrige license plates. But only 16 states had plates actually mounted on model T's.

So there could be 34 states out there unfortunate enough not to have any licensed model T's. If your from one of the following states, please post a picture of your plate on your T. ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Missett Wyoming, PA (NE) on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 12:16 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 12:26 am:

Bud - All of the plates in my first posting are mounted on Model T's. All of those cars were on the Montana Tour. There are about 26 states represented with a couple of Canadian provences as well as Brazil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Anchorage, Alaska on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 12:31 am:

Here are a couple of Alaska cars w/plates

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 12:34 am:

Bud,

Here are a few plates from the CO/WY tour in 2009.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Anchorage, Alaska on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 12:36 am:

The other Alaska car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 02:25 am:

Now Ron already chimed in with foreign licenseplates, I can show you how licenseplates have looked in Denmark through the T years. And the good thing is you can now get replicas from the authorities so your car can look right on that details as well. With the original first issued number if you can document it:
1903 - 1919: (from Copenhagen - original. The red stamps are proof of origin)
1919 - 1921: (from Copenhagen county - modern replica)
1921-1930: (from Maribo County - modern replica but original number from my T)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 03:36 am:

Another idea for you plate collectors..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruckzone/3803383892/in/set-72157621861441467

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By peeters frits on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 07:34 am:

What is the original color of the plate,does anyone know that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Dorholt - Mpls, Minnesota on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 10:11 am:

New Model T guy here
This is the plate I got with my 1920 Runabout

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker -- NW Ark. on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 10:17 am:

Peeters -- It's dark blue on yellow-orange. You can see them here:

http://www.worldlicenseplates.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 10:32 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By peeters frits on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 12:04 pm:

Thanks Mike!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 03:03 pm:

Here is something to fill in the blanks for the great state of Texas. Texas didn't have official tags for their cars until about 1917 so in the days earlier than that the owners made their own, sometimes using metal numbers on a piece of leather---it was often their house number. The tags shown here were good for 1923 and 1924, however in 1924 the "radiator tag" shown here was fixed, usually to the front/top of the radiator. A piece of small wire was normally used to attach the tag. FYI: The first car regestered in Texas was in 1899 to Col. E.H.R. Green in Terrell, Texas. Between 1907 and 1916 cars used on public roads had to be regestered and a number shown on the car had to be at least 6" in height. Regestration began August 10, 1907 and that was for a bus in Colorade City, Texas. Some motorist simply painted their numbers on the side of the car. In 1910 there were 14,286 cars/trucks regestered in Texas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Henning Temperance, Mi. on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 05:53 pm:

Ohio plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 10:50 pm:

tail light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 12:45 pm:

Bud you can cross Montana of the list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 08:31 pm:

It appears that there are only 29 states in the Union that have NO model T's.

(Just kidding of course...but, how about posting a picture of your T and its license plate?) ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 09:08 pm:

We have regular forum participants in most of those states. They must not be paying attention.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - SE Georgia on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 06:10 pm:

OK guys,

Here's a couple of Georgia plates:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 09:07 am:

Our 14 at the Centennial.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Button III (Chip) on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 09:22 am:

Dan, nice NY dealer plates! Do you know if all NY plates for 1914 were black with white lettering?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sullivan on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 09:36 am:

Montana 1922

Own a matched set of these, so can be registered as YOM I believe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 09:42 am:

here is a North Carolina 27

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 09:49 am:

John P. Steele: I'm glad that you cleared that up. I thought that was a Monday plate. I was hoping that you would post the plates for the other days of the week as well. :0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 10:17 am:

George, This is the only 14 Dealer plate I have ever seen. I can't say yes or no, not sure

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 11:19 am:

In the 1940's and '50's my grandfather had 2 license plates used for an entirely different purpose. One was red and the other was yellow, one a 1911 and the other a 1914 I think (can't remember which was which or the states). They were made of much heavier metal than today's plates and had a baked enamel finish like the 1917 NH and 1917 OR plates in Jim Youngs photos above.

Anyhow, there was a strip of wood fastened to the top of each as a sort of handle. We used them to scrape dried apricots off the wood trays they were dried on. As far as I know, they just were tossed out when he sold the ranch to a developer in 1963. At the time, they were just old junk. Sure do wish I'd kept them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker -- NW Ark. on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 11:20 am:

This site says the '14 NY plates were white on brown.

http://www.worldlicenseplates.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 06:49 am:

early Florida plateearly Florida plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert E.(Bob) Blackbourn. Gautier, MS. on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 08:52 am:

OK, if you insist :-)
MS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 08:45 am:

Steve H
The only reason I have monday is most people don't like monday's. Plates from the other days of the week are hard to come by.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Brown on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 09:41 am:

license plaate 002

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 10:22 am:

Here is the 1922 plate that is on one of our speedsters, that's why we call it #22.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 07:09 pm:

We made it halfway! Only 25 states left with no model T's!

Thanks to Georgia, New York, North Carolina & Mississippi and also to those posting additional pics from states already in evidence.

If you have a T licensed in one of the following please post a picture of the plate mounted on your T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock Newfields NH on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 08:17 pm:

Mark Stewart -- I almost fell off my chair laughing.. :-)

It's hiding under the rear -The other one makes people laugh and leave some room when I'm on the road :-)

Better views from the front

They don't have "Live Free or Die" like the regular plates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 12:29 am:

Here are South Australian numbers; #1397 is April 1911 and the plate on the car is the 2011 plate we must now use, 100 years between them...Dave C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Button III (Chip) on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 01:00 am:

@Mike W, thanks, mine look like they were brown with white letters. We will see what NY state says about them!....Chip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 09:39 am:

Fred & David
Beautiful cars! Thanx for the pics.
It would be fun to see how many countries we could collect too!

Cheers
schuh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 10:50 am:

We have regular participants in several countries, so we still need pictures from:

UK
NZ
Sweden
Switzerland
France
Spain
Canada
Russia

Did I miss any? Some of these are in other threads, but they haven't been posted here yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 01:33 pm:

Question

Are we looking for era plates or present& past issued collector plates. I see both on here.
If collector type, Nv,Az,Or.and Tx.are shown with mine.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 05:39 pm:

Era plates or current antique plate but preferably mounted on a T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 06:26 pm:

My favorite "antique" plates are Virgina's, which resemble the old porcelain style.

VA Antique Plates

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lyle Nelson on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 08:32 pm:

The "Coyote State"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 08:45 pm:

Is not Wy. known for the Jack-a-lopes or on I-80 the thumpers ?

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 01:00 am:

As for Russia:

I was not luck to find any photos with Russian T's number plates. What can I say: the early number plates (before 1920s) were not standartized and were very primitive - because the total amount of cars in Russia was exausted by hundreds, several thousands. For example, this hand-made Turcat-Mery 28 '1915 was owned by Vladimir Lenin

1913 Car license plate

As for Model T's destiny: they was imported only before revolution and almost totally destroyed during the Civil War - that's why the most widespread car was Model A (made in USSR as GAZ-A)

For example:

Right up to 1930s license plates were not arranged, because the amount of cars was tiny.

And only after Great Domestic War (1946) USSR license plates were strictly standartized.

1946-1960

1959-1982

More information:

http://www.autogallery.org.ru/m/nomerb.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stauffacher on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 01:12 am:

Ron,
They look like Saudi plates: # 44638 and 243310. My Farsi a little rusty after 20 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 01:20 am:

OK. Here's the plate on my 11 Canadian Tourabout from British Columbia Canada.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Dunmall on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 01:43 am:

On the back of my 27, original Manitoba, Canada plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley near Melboune Australia on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 04:35 am:

New Zealand used a prefix letter or letters to denote the town or county, followed by up to four numbers. You can see a variety of plates in this thread.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/125101.html

Later on, I think about 1926, number issue became a National rather than local revenue raiser. Car numbers had two sets of three digits, like this-

However cars were issued with new plates every three years. That system remained until about 1967 when plates with two letters and four digits were introduced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David G. Ramsey on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 06:15 pm:

First is the plate from 1921 that I run on the front of my 1921 Touring. Disregard the chipped paint and leak on the floor.

Second is the current 2011 Indiana Historic plate.

Last is what was once an Indiana permanent plate my grandfather had on the car but the law must have changed and he got a different one in 1976. I believe Indiana has changed some laws regarding use of antique plates and for 2012 I am going to see if I can be issued the Indiana Historic Motor Vehicle plate 673 that has some character about it. I hope these three examples put Indiana on the map of plates!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 06:36 pm:

The Arabic script plates I posted above I had on my daily driver when I lived in Teheran from 1972 to 1980.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 09:50 pm:

I thought all states had T's but maybe some don't have camera's ? ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 09:58 pm:

Bud,
The Coyote state is South Dakota.
That's what Lyle's post says.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 11:14 pm:

Thanks Floyd - didn't know that!

Bet we could match them coyote for coyote here in the Florida Panhandle, but I hear there everywhere now.

schuh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 11:48 pm:

How's this for drift? I hear them at night, but in twenty-five years I've seen only one live one here. They're good at keeping out of sight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 11:50 pm:

Here's ONE version of a Wisconsin plate.

T plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 12:32 am:

Bud,
Didn't see any of your coyotes when I was down there but did see wild pigs when we stopped at a rest area along the freeway....surprised me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vic Patterson. Grande Cache, Canada. on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 12:57 am:

alberta 1926

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Rogne on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 12:04 pm:

1917 Plates. Mass is a dealer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Collin Johnson on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 03:11 pm:

Sorry, my old Utah plates are in worse shape then the cars I found them on...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 09:05 pm:

1910 Connecticut License Plate - no longer among the missing 1910 Connecticut License Plate Number 1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg K on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 10:26 pm:

Just found these found this set of original porclain Masschusetts license plates dad had stored away for his 12 Torpedo,of which I am completing the ground up restore he began.

Also found other pairs for his 12 touring , other 12 torpedo and his 13 touring. all in excellent conditon.I seem to find something very interesting every time I go through his collection of all things Model T..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Rogne on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 11:13 pm:

Tagstag Mass Tag is a dealer tag

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willard Revaz on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 10:07 am:

" Early American"

CT "T"plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence J. Bohlen on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 02:56 pm:

Thought some of the other folks from Mayland would post but I guess up to me.

Here are the match pair of 1927 plates on Elizabeth. Picked them up at a local swap meet in original condition.

The black on white is what the standard MD plates are currently.

Happy Holidays everybody!

Larry Bohlen
Severn, MarylandPhoto of TouringRear shot of touring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Cuddy - Cork, IRELAND on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 01:11 pm:

CHRISTMAS EVE Greetings from Ireland...

County Cork 1922
1922 Bob Blarke

County Cork 1925 and 1911
1925 Fordor

County Cork 1927
1927 Model TT Ton Truck

County Cork 1921
1921 Delivery Van

County Cork 1915
1915 Station Wagon

County Kildare 1926
1926 Touring Car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Giesbrecht on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 02:41 pm:

I have 6 plates with the same number which I think is rare , from 1915 to 1920 Manitoba . The 15 plate is on my 1915 Touring I restored

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Calkins on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 03:51 pm:

Replica 1916 Wyoming License Plate

Wyoming Pioneer License Plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 03:56 pm:

Jerry, it looks like you need to get five more cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Giesbrecht on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 04:22 pm:

If I live long enough I just might!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Cook on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 11:09 pm:

1922 Indiana plate on my 22 coupe1922 Indiana plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Hudson on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 09:44 pm:

Nova Scotia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert C.(Bob) Borden on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 10:51 pm:

In Massachusetts, Year of Manufacture Plates have to be approved by the Registry and are not allowed to be painted or modified in any way. If they are not clear and legible, the Registry will not allow them to be used. My wife found this one on ebay and gave it to me as a gift and It was approved by the Registry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 10:58 pm:

Just like New York. Most states don't have that requirement, and it seems to work just fine. So far nobody has ever explained to me how they can tell whether a plate is restored or NOS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Fisk on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 11:45 am:

Here are pictures of a 1922 Idaho plate on my coupe and a 1914 Oregon plate on another car. Also attached are pictures of historic vehicle/antique plates for several states. I have one fron every state except Hawaii, Alaska and Louisiana.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" Harold Tucker on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 05:29 pm:

Don Watson asked me to post the following photos of his Beautiful 1915 Town Car with his Texas Plates:

Respectfully posted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 11:31 am:

Here's 1925 Louisiana. I would have posted sooner but waiting for assistance since suffering from geezeritus and too stupid to do the photos!!
25 Coupe 25 Louisiana plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay-In Northern California on Friday, December 30, 2011 - 11:52 am:

I've had these plates with the matching dash badge for awhile now hoping to slip a 1914 touring under them some day. Very few of these sets of early California plates still have the dash badge with them.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration