Yates Garage, Hawthorn CA 1928-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Yates Garage, Hawthorn CA 1928-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 07:27 pm:

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 08:33 pm:

Race car #3 on the wall behind the tool bench.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 05:27 am:

These old pictures are so cool! There is so much history in them. It's nice to see them posted, I hope the younger generations see them for what they represent, an era that is very important to our history. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 08:27 am:

John you are right about that drawing on the wall! I didn't pick up on that.
It would be interesting to zoom in on the work bench and that drawing to see more details.
I do like how the No Credit sign is framed in the car window.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 08:30 am:

Fred Hoss had a shop up to about a dozen years ago in Hawthorne rebuilding and modifying engines. I think he did most of the engines for the SoCalif T Club, which does very long tours.

When I contacted him about doing an engine, he refused, saying he was 85 and had a lifetime of work ahead. He would shorten an A crank by heating the rear and squishing it in a press. Dunno if anybody else has done that.

I was never to his shop, but wonder if that could be the same one? Kim, Larry, what do you know about it?

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 06:57 pm:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration