How can I determine the value of 5 disk wheels and hubs for a model T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: How can I determine the value of 5 disk wheels and hubs for a model T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 12:47 am:

I know the approx. value of wire wheels but can not find any disk wheels and hubs that fit model T's for sale as a reference. Would look good on a speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 09:58 am:

Depends upon condition 2500-5000.00 photo's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 10:21 am:

There are more than one style of disk wheels. Some have removable rims and some are made like newer wheels and the entire wheels comes off to service a flat. My profile car has a set that has three lug nuts holding the wheel on the car. (Click my name to view) This is a type that was popular on speedsters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 12:05 pm:

These have removable rims and have more than three domed (Acorn Style) lug nuts/wheel. Appreciate your responding. I know we are not to use the Forum to sell parts or cars. The wheels are on a chassis with a Ruckstell that I plan on taking to the Bakersfield swap meet next year. Just want to know what a fair asking price for the package would be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes-Men Falls, WI on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 08:20 pm:

I purchased 2 metal rear wheels this summer that take demountable rims. They included the brake drums. There is only a small amount of rust on the inside of the wheels. They do not need to be painted, but I will sodablast and paint them the color I want. I only paid $400 for them on tbay, so others also had a chance to bid on them. I am guessing I was able to purchase them cheaply because there were only 2 wheels.

I am very happy with them. I think 2 metal wheels on the rear and 2 wooden or wire wheels on the front will look different & interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 08:27 pm:

Price as with beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Start high, you can always come down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" Harold Tucker on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 09:14 pm:

Les,

If you determine what the disk wheels were for, that can also help you determine a fair price for them. I.e. I believe the original accessory disk wheels such as Disteel etc. complete with the original Disteel hubs would be more valuable than similar Chevy disk wheels adapted to the Ford hub. And that a set of the wheels with a spare would be more valuable than four singles sold at different times etc. See: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/121754.html for some good information on the disk wheels including the new aluminum ones.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration