Renmark Motor Services

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Renmark Motor Services
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 08:24 am:

Found this beauty in the files of the State Library of South Australia PRG1258/2/2073.
Caption reads "Renmark Motor Services. A line-up of four cars with visible number plates, loaded with passengers, parked in front of the Renmark Motor Services Booking Office and R.P. James, auctioneers and valuators ca.1912"
For our overseas readers Renmark is a town in our "Riverland" on the River Murray about 160 miles hours west northwest of Adelaide famous for citrus and dried fruits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:16 pm:

Not exactly "T" related, but I was just curious about the name "Renmark".
It has a Swedish ring to my ears, and in the northern Sweden town of Umeň, where my daughter lives, there is a place called "Renmarkstorget" or Renmark Square.
Roar

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley near Melboune Australia on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 04:33 am:

"It is said that the word 'Renmark' is derived from the local Aboriginal words meaning 'red mud'."

Sorry Roar, the above is from the town's website-
http://www.visitrenmark.com/history/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley near Melboune Australia on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 05:57 am:

Here is another photo taken in Renmark. Caption reads " Renmark Motor Club cars outside the District Council and Library. Four Renmark Motor Club cars with passengers, lined up outside the Institute library building, which bears the date 1912."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Martin on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 06:32 am:

Great photo of your Fords Dave
Are they Three 10s & one 11.
Glad you are not the navigator because I,as an
eastener,thought it would have been East North East.
I do like Easteran Australia and I have been known to get LOST.
I look forward to the period photograph's especially the Australian copies.They don't have
the steering wheel on the wrong side
Neil.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration