Can you ID this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Can you ID this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 04:01 pm:

Chady Atterberry and Ed Emerson were up from Okieland this afternoon and dropped in for a visit. We chewed the fat and I gave them a tour of my junk pile. Ed had this hub with him and wondered if anyone on the forum could identify what wheel it's for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 04:14 pm:

Might be a hub for a Disteel accesory Model T wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 04:46 pm:

Good guess Eric,would have been mine also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 05:57 pm:

Chaddy is a STEAM man.........are you working on a conversion Steve?....... LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 07:57 pm:

Nope. Chady and our local steam expert, Deiter Mitchell, are both Model T guys too. I like steam stuff, by I already have my hands full with gas powered car and tractor projects. I'll be happy if I can just get a T in shape for touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 12:10 pm:

Here is famed Minnesotan, mechanical genius and founder of Thermo King, Frederick McKinley Jones. Photo taken circa1918 - not a Ford but you can see the Disteel wheels.

Fred Jones

In case you want to read about Mr. Jones:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_McKinley_Jones

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock Newfields NH on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 06:48 pm:

When I opened this post the first thing I saw was two old guys looking at me with an open bag on the floor.
The next thing I noticed was a Model T in the background and it was 2:09.

The guy on the left looked like he was a bit chagrined at being interrupted by the camera person and wanted to get back to the T before his mid afternoon nap.
The other guy looked like he was the boss because he had his hands in his pockets and was willing to give orders but would never get them dirty.

But I might be wrong so I guess I canít ID anything!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 01:10 pm:

The hub does look like Disteel but is different than the ones I have. I've attach pictures of large and small drum rears along with a front. The 3 lug nuts actually go through the holes on the retaining(reinforcing) ring and are flaired so that when you remove the ring the lugs stay with it. Poor photography on my part, but on the front hub it is raised in the area next to the backing plate with the lugs. Not a straight cut as yours appear to be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eddy Lee Emerson on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 12:08 pm:

The three lug hubs that I have came bolted to a set of 30x3 wire spoke wheels. These wheels came as part of the package when I purchased my 16 Monroe roadster at Chickasha several years ago. I have a picture of a Monroe with very similar wheels, but they have six bolt lugs. Three of my wheels are in very good condition, but the fourth is a little bit iffy. I would like to find a better one, but don't know exactly what I'm looking for. Ed Emerson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 12:52 pm:

Eddy, Wheels can be rebuilt. John McLaren may be able to do it as can some motorcycle shops. I'm sure there are probably other places also and that might be a better alternative. Finding another matching wheel like what you have described may not be easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 08:25 am:

Maybe we should ask these guys!

Herb

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration