What is it?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: What is it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wahrendorff on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 04:56 pm:

I found this at a yard sale and I was wondering if anyone knew what it was.gas thing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 05:16 pm:

Looks like some sort of specific gravity device to check gasoline when it is delivered and convert gals with specific gravity reading to actual tanker delivery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester Leighton on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 05:58 pm:

It's called a hydrometer and it is testing the specific gravity of gasoline at the specified temperature to ensure the proper alchohol(octaine?)percentage. There is a similar device used by distileries to check proof. We have one where I work that is used to check green liquor density. It has a thermometer and correction chart built into the center of the device.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wahrendorff on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 06:23 pm:

Thanks Jim and Chester. I had no clue what it was.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration