1913 Carb Stove

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: 1913 Carb Stove
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little, South Paris, Maine on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 06:52 pm:

Would someone please post a photo of the correct carburetor stove for a late 1913.

Thanks. Charlie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 11:05 am:

I don't have time until next week, so if you still need a photo I'll post it then. It looks the same as a '15, but has a raised seam front and back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little, South Paris, Maine on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 11:35 am:

The only ones that I know I've seen are the 1921-1924, and the 1924 and later style. I would greatly appreciate some photos.
They are not shown in either of Gail Rodda's books.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 02:11 pm:

Charles, hopefully these will assist.

I am of the thought that numerous variations were available, some carry overs from the 1912 cast forms, this style is a folded thick tin.

cheers David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil McKay on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 02:12 pm:

Charlie,

Here are 3 images of a carb stove I believe is correct for my 1913 Ford. It's engine was assembled on August 13 of that year. Neil

image 1image 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil McKay on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 02:18 pm:

Charlie,

I agree with David that there are minor variations among the stamped sheetmetal carb stoves that are correct for the 1913 year. The cast type to which he refers would be correct, if at all, only on very early 1913 Ford in my opinion.

Neil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil McKay on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 02:21 pm:

...and one more comment: my stove has the raised metal seam that Larry mentioned. neil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little, South Paris, Maine on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 03:21 pm:

Thanks, that helps. Now all I need to do is find one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 03:32 pm:

They are out there, why not try Don Lang, Glenn Chaffin, they generally have a pile of original bits and pieces ready for sale.

David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 03:33 pm:

Nice intake manifold David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 03:35 pm:

Neil, thats a pretty 13 Touring you have in your profile.
David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 03:38 pm:

Good morning Glenn, why thank you, l have one of yours on all of my T's, nice work.

David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil McKay on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 03:57 pm:

Charlie,

The correct stoves for 1913 are out there, but I bought 3 of them on Ebay before I was satisfied that I had one that was truly functional without extensive sheetmetal repair. Beware of the sheetmetal portion of the stove that butts up against the exhaust manifold; it is often in poor condition or even near non-existent due to rust out.

Dave: I appreciate the compliment. I spent some time studying the images of your engine and am impressed...it is very authentic to 1913.

Neil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 04:42 pm:

Thank you sir.

David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 11:55 am:

The photo that Neil posted is the correct one. So now I don't need to post a picture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little, South Paris, Maine on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 02:29 pm:

Larry,
I guess you got off easy, huh?
Well, thanks for the original offer. Now I know what to look for!
Charlie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 03:25 pm:

A few more:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 03:27 pm:

Reverse side:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little, South Paris, Maine on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 10:12 am:

Thanks!!!!

Charlie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 01:23 pm:

Gosh Randall, sometimes you really impress me! That is a beautiful hot air pipe. Wish it was mine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 04:41 pm:

Well, Larry, even a blind squirrel stumbles on an acorn now and then...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 05:53 pm:

Yah , but MINE all seem to have worms in them ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little, South Paris, Maine on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 03:41 pm:

Bumped to the top for a friend to easily find and review.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 11:02 am:

David, Glad you are pleased with the manifolds. Keep the orders coming. Obama has killed my retiremunt fund and I need the income to survive. Forget retirement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 12:58 pm:

G'day Glen, have more in there with you and Dave right now, send them as soon as you can...
Merry Christmas ( happy holidays ) to you all.

cheers David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 09:48 pm:

Like many Model T items there were several manufacturers making similar but different parts. Here is another one from 1912 - 13:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration