Rear Axel Bearings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Rear Axel Bearings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Landis on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 08:28 pm:

I've acquired a rear end which I've pulled apart to check out. I noticed 2 of the bearings are somewhat loose. I can twist them back and forth several degrees, however not enough for the rollers to come out. My ? is, are they ok to use? Will they run true or will they bind up? Can the connecting pins be peened to tighten them up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 08:45 pm:

They can be tightened up,but it would be best to look for better ones. Also check wear on the rollers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Landis on Friday, December 09, 2011 - 09:05 pm:

Thanks, Jack for the info. The rollers seem good.
Just didn't know if they would cause a problem.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration