Looking for a Speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Looking for a Speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy J Williams on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 12:41 am:

Hi all,

about 4 months ago I was talking with an old friend who had a speedster in the early to mid 1980's but sold it. The car was #45 it was black and had black mag wheels on it, on the hood it said Mortimer Special, anyway the reason I ask is this guys son would love to buy it back if it is still in exsistance. I Know this a long shot but I thought I would give it a try.

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy J Williams on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 12:48 am:

Correction The Car number was #49 not 45. I saw a photo and realized I put the wrong number.

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 01:46 am:

Tim is it a local guy, or from down South?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 04:51 am:

Have you checked the West Coast Speedster Registry?
And "mag wheels" sounds suspicious. What sort of T was it?
Good luck! But I don't recall the car right off.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy J Williams on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:12 pm:

Hey Chris, Wayne

It is a guy from California. He drove a few years in the SCVMTFC endurance run in the 1980's. I will double check the registry.

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:54 pm:

Some refer to disc wheels as mag.
It would help if we knew the guy's name too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 03:19 am:

I had an email from a fellow claiming to have car number 49. He did not give me much information other than he had disc wheels on it years ago, but now has 21 inch wire wheels. I would like to see a picture of it because I am not sure if I remember the car or not.
Drive carefully,and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy J Williams on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 10:14 pm:

Thanks Wayne,

if you get a picture of it can you PM me with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 12:21 am:

Tim-
Is it here?
-Keith

http://www.nwvs.org/CarPhotos/CarPhotos.shtml

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy J Williams on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 03:09 am:

I looked there already Keith Thanks anyway

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 03:25 am:

I received another email including the following photo.
Tim, I stitched together attachments and emails to send to you, I don't know if it all worked or not.

This is the number 49 that has been on several SCVMTFC Endurance Runs. There is a different #49 shown on the nwvs site mentioned above.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration