New to the forum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: New to the forum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 02:01 am:

Hi everyone, long time viewer of the forum first time posting. Thought I might introduce myself. I have been involved with Model T's for a very long time, owning my first T at age 17. I drove that car for 2 years as my only car in high school then collage. I am now 36 and over the years I have collected a few more. I now have 7 T's, my favorite being 1915 roadster I restored myself. I have found T people to be some of the nicest people I ever met and have enjoyed viewing the diverse posts. (Still learning how to post pictures, will post some pics of my cars once I figure it out)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 02:43 am:

Well,..........'bout time Mike!!! Sure hope you are successful in learning to post pictures! Maybe you'll be able to teach me! If it wasn't for a guy by the name of "Hap" Tucker doing it for me, there wouldn't be a picture of my grandson and I in the depot hack on my profile!

For the rest of you folks on the forum, this fellow has probably forgotten more about Model T Fords than I ever knew! And if he's successful in learning to post pictures, I'm sure you'll see a very, very nice brass roadster that he completely restored himself. And a "trailer queen" it is NOT! Mike absolutely drives the heck out of that little roadster, rain or shine, and he's definately one of the "spark plugs" of the Carbon Canyon Model T Ford Club of Carbonado, Washington!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 05:29 am:

Welcome!!! Decided to join another club, eh?
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 07:53 am:

Welcome to 'the gang'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber Spanaway, Wa. on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 09:38 am:

Hey Mike!
You finally decided to join the electronic age, eh?
See you at the xmas party tonight.
You gonna drive your T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 10:05 am:

Hey Mike - where you been ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" Harold Tucker on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 10:26 am:

Mike,

Welcome to the forum! Just like Ts the electronic computer stuff is easy once you discover a few of the tricks. And the folks here are a big help at sharing how to get them posted etc. One of the most common reasons the photo will not post is it is too large a file. The book answer is it needs to be less than 200kb(kilobytes) just that the photo needs to be that or less. I shoot for less than 190 kb because sometime my computer says 200kb but the site says it is over the limit. For posting photos see:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/205017.html
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/164819.html
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/235391.html
And if you find someone locally (when my daughters were home as teenagers they were a great help) who can walk you through it once it is much easier after that.

Also if you have not checked for a body number or manufacture letter on your cars – especially the 1915 please take a look at: “Home for the Holidays” at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/40322.html and let me know if you find any numbers or letters.

And if you would like a photo posted – if you send it to me I will gladly try and resize it and post it for you or e-mail it back to you. If you click on my name it brings up my profile and my e-mail address is the third line down. Please put Model T in the subject line -- as it will be read much sooner.

Again thank you for all your support to our hobby over the many years and welcome to forum.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap 1915 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 10:37 am:

Welcome aboard!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 10:57 am:

Mike

Glad you finley came out of the garage, now see thats wasen't hard. If I can post pictures you should be able to do it much better than I.
Welcome.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber Spanaway, Wa. on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 11:44 am:

Hey Mike,
How many Dodges and Modocs do you have?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 01:06 pm:

Let me introduce you to your new friends Mike!
Just WHAT is in that "pretty blue drink?"

Mike's Intruduction to the Forum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 02:23 pm:

Welcome to the forum. It is easy to post pictures. If you have Adobe Photoshop or other equipment to change pictures, you need to change the resolution to 72 and then file in a separate file in your computer all the pictures you want to send to the forum. I have a file called "To Web" All the pictures I have altered for posting are in that file. I copy to that file before altering the pictures so I can keep the original. You can crop the picture to just show what you want to post etc. Then when your picture is the way you want it, click on upload attachment and browse to find the picture you want and click on it. Then it will appear under your message which you post on the forum. I hope I have explained it so you can follow. If not, perhaps someone can further refine what I have said. Also someone can show how you post pictures if you use photobucket, which I know nothing about.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil McKay on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 02:31 pm:

Mike,

Welcome aboard.

Hap is correct that critical detail in posting jpeg images is to limit the pixel size of each image. 10 minutes ago I just downloaded images into a thread (The 1913 carb stove thread) for the first time, and it was a straightforward task once I constrainted each jpeg image to about 50k.

Neil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Renea Aldrich on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 02:54 pm:

Blue is definitly his favorite color.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Stephan on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 03:25 pm:

http://www.picresize.com/

Browse for a pic outa yer files, shrink 50%, save to yer same file as a "rsz.img" resized image. BAM! When yo do a post, upload attachment, and click on the rsz.img. Instantaneoso. ws

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 03:35 pm:

Welcome aboard Mike!

Has the speedster found it's way to your place? Hope to see you out this year.

I'm not sure I can make it on New Years - mighty cool out for the speedster and I'd have to start pretty early to get there with the coupe.

Walt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber Spanaway, Wa. on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 05:37 pm:

Hey Walt...it's supposed to be 60 deg on new years. Yeah, no kidding. You can believe me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Crabtree on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 06:40 pm:

Welcome, hope to see some pictures of all those T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 07:47 pm:

Hi Mike, Welcome aboard!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez - Templeton, CA on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:22 pm:

Hi Mike, Welcome to your new home! Just remember computers are your friends! Can't wait to see your pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:27 pm:

A big Aussie welcome from way down under.

David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:56 pm:

Welcome Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Renea Aldrich on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 03:49 pm:

Mikey found his Speedster, ask him what he did to it while it was on the trailer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 09:27 am:

WOW! thanks for the wellcome. sorry have not had time to post or take the great advice about pics yet. As Renea may have hinted I had big speedster problems this weekend. About a week ago I bought the car of my dreams it was a rajo speedster owned and built by friend the late Stan Bender Stan built this car over the years and it is all a great speedster should be but with the exception starting it up for anyone who wanted to listen or as his wife says " digging ruts in the yard" the car has never really been driven. On my fifth day of ownership after warmming the car up I gunned the engine twice and she blew up, big time! number fours intake valve was swallowed with the worst possible result. The valve went down and came back up and out taking the part of the head casting with it. all this while still on the trailer. I tore all down and having the head welded as we speak. No real damage to the piston but will need to find four new valves for a four valve rajo. that was my weekend!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 01:23 pm:

Bummer! Do you have dimensions for the valve? Stem and head diameter as well as overall length?

Walt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Orlando Ortega Jr. Portales, New Mexico on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 03:11 pm:

Mike,

I'm late welcoming you, but a big WELCOME!

As you probably already know, the good people of this forum are a wonderful resource.

Orlando

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 07:43 pm:

T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 07:47 pm:

I did it! 1st pic ever more to come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 11:54 pm:

100-0744

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 01:08 am:

You got some nice stuff there! Welcome aboard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 01:23 am:

Hi Mike,

Welcome...I might have and interesting pic or two of ya !! We enjoyed visiting on the way home from Abbots-Ford, BC CANADA. Great hands across the border tour...yer a good T man...nice to have ya on the forum.

Hugs-

A & W

TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Renea Aldrich on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 10:57 pm:

The CanAm Tour was the best this year. That makes waiting for the 2012 tour difficult

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 12:03 am:

Great looking car Mike 1913-15 roadster's has to be one of my favorite T's. Good job, with 7 T's room has to be tight. I'll store the 15 for you so you'll have room to walk around in the garage... (grin) {;-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration