Carb rod anti-rattle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Carb rod anti-rattle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 12:33 pm:

I need examples of the factory or other anti-rattler rubber on a 26 carb adjust rod.

Didn't Ford have some sort of rubber part for 26 that performed this function? Or am I thinking of a modern part?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 12:38 pm:

O.K. Langs shows two parts.

1. Looks like a rubber washer and is called a "carb rod anti-rattler".

2. Looks like a small piece of rubber hose and is called a "priming rod rubber bumper".

Were these original?

How, where are they installed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay, BC on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 03:37 pm:

For my Coupe, I just pulled the rod back through the dash, and slipped a slice of fuel line or vacuum hose on there. It kept the knob from rattling against the dash. Of course then it was quiet enough to hear the next loudest rattle....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 07:49 pm:

Were these factory parts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay, BC on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:07 pm:

I have no idea. It never even occurred to me to put the wafer of hose there, until I saw them for sale in the catalogue.

Someone with more knowledge will surely read this eventually!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:32 pm:

The anti-rattler for the new style carb/choke was first used in 1925, part#4593 Carb.adj. rod anti-rattler ('25-'26) Roadster, touring and closed cab truck.

The other is anti-rattler listed in the parts book is part#4594, noted for the Road., Touring, Tudor and Coupe.

Both are like grommets that fit into the dash panel hole and suspend the rod from contact with the dash panel.

There is also rubber anti rattlers for the upper and lower steering column bracket to insulate the column from the dash panel, part#40160X Cushion steering column, and part#40166X cushion lower steering column.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 08:57 pm:

I used two pieces of shrink tube. One over the top of the other. Works nice and it is not noticable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 10:21 pm:

Don't do it. If you remove the last source of a rattle on a T it will immediately disintegrate. ;o)

schuh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 11:43 pm:

The only time my T does not rattle is when I put her to sleep for the winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 01:23 am:

It seems so funny to me that amongst all the noise in my lizzy that the rattle of the mixture rod was bothering me. I have no doubt that once I eliminate that rattle a new one will become newly noticable.

Thank you Dan for the info.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration