OT...50's cars test...for Old Geezers only

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: OT...50's cars test...for Old Geezers only
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle USA!!! on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 09:43 pm:

Sorry for the off- topic, but see what you can score!
Car Show Game - 1950s
http://www.americantorque.com/game/car-show-50s/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay, BC on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 09:52 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Hudson on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 10:03 pm:

45. I find the mopar selections a little tricky

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 10:43 pm:

48 correct. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 10:55 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 11:44 pm:

"92" The Areo ace and the 52 Merc goofed me up and my first car was a 52 Merc!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 11:57 pm:

83. Oh, for the days when you could tell the make of a car from a block away. Now, everything looks like chicklets on wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St. Louis MO on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 12:04 am:

I got 47 of 48 correct. Old farts win again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Cook on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 01:29 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 01:39 am:

I only got 43. Really don't know those Chrysler products very well. What do you call them? Mopar?
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 01:47 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 01:49 am:

I'll bet Griffey or Woods get 95 or better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Owen on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 03:08 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 03:11 am:

Got 'em all. 100%. The 1950s were my teen age years. Hard to fool me from that period. :-) :-) Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eddy Lee Emerson on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 08:13 am:

85 = Lots of fun, thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Holcomb on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 08:38 am:

75% 36 out of 48
not bad for a young guy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 10:23 am:

46. Mixed up a couple of Merc years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St. Louis MO on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 11:01 am:

Unlike Wayne, I knew all of the Mopars but got careless on one of the GMs. I agree with Bob. The fifties were my teen years, so I tend to know the cars. Once you get into the sixties, I wasn't paying that much attention any more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Harrison,Norco Ca on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 12:53 pm:

Got 100% 48 out of 48. Not that hard for a guy who was a teenager in the 50's and a lifelong carnut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 12:57 pm:

Dang! I got 47 out of 48! I got all the cars right but messed up on one hood ornament! Actually, I'm from the era where we didn't pay much attention to hood ornaments anyway; they were usually taken off and thrown away and the holes in the hood leaded in! By the way, that '57 Ford had me looking pretty hard; if one of the choices had been a Canadian Meteor, I might have mistakenly selected that one. I'm pretty sure that there is something "unstock" about the front of that Ford, and I think it's the bumper and bumper guard. Anyway, otherwise, a pretty easy test if you're old enough like me! (Except for those stupid hood ornaments),....ha,ha,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 11:37 am:

Got em all, does that make me old ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 11:56 am:

I got 92%. Nobody I knew had a Henry J. or a Willys that wasn't pre 1948

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 02:40 pm:

Got 92%, 44 out of 48. I had all four of the Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Desoto ones wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 03:13 pm:

Got 96%. Old guys in Sweden wouldn't know this - most of what we have of 50's US cars didn't get here until the 70's - 80's..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 03:38 pm:

I got 100% cuz I'm a kar geek.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock Newfields NH on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 04:23 pm:

92% them Chrysler products messed me up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 04:55 pm:

40. Whippersnappers rule!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 04:56 pm:

90%. My Dad quit buying Chryslers after I fell out of the 41 with suicide doors. Oh wait, the last statement belongs in another thread.
I enjoyed this particular email spam test!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 03:28 pm:

Got 94% missed 3 The merc. section was hard for me but the 52 desoto custom was easy its my sisters car! most of the cars look to be taken from 2011 greenwood car show in seattle WA 600+ cars and maybe 2 T's so sad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 03:49 pm:

I'm 47 and i got 43 right. Does that mean I'm a gezzer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 02:39 am:

43. I can't believe how bad I screwed up my Merc's?
I'm a 50's kid too. The De Soto's and the Chrysler's always got me.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration