Inflation

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Inflation
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A. Woods on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 12:56 am:

Currently, there is an original Model T Ford dealer's keyboard on Ebay. Current price, with 3 days to go, is $256.00, and it is not restored. I can see at least 3 extra holes in it that Ford didn't put in it. Gee, am I lucky to have got mine for free from a Ford dealer. Its not mint, but you can still see some of the white paint in the Ford script outline.

Also, within the last 2 weeks, a 26-27 accessory stoplight sold for over $200.00. It, too, was unrestored, but complete. The money I've got in T parts, sure beats the money that I'm making in the bank and in bonds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode - Onalaska, WA, USA on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 02:01 am:

Sounds like prices are going down. A few weeks ago one went for $3165 at the Hartung auction.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/246187.html?1320886510
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 11:19 am:

My opinion was that the $3165 board at the Hartung auction was a data entry error in the auction report.

However, a friend of my dad attended the auction and told us that the board had in fact been sold for that amount.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 12:37 pm:

Prices of old stuff in general, not just Ford stuff, vary wildly depending on where they're sold. The Fisk clock I bought last week by accident at an estate sale (it was in a $3 box of tools) would probably bring over a hundred at a highly advertised automobilia auction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB Toms River N.J. on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 01:03 pm:

You called it Steve. It's all about where you are and who else is there. My luck at advertised auctions has been almost nil. But walk into a local flea market or an estate sale and you could find a real gem at the right price. E-bay sits right up front in this senario. Every body that "knows" is there and there are some deep pockets in netland so their sale prices might not be average.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 02:32 pm:

I agree Charlie. The only real bargains I've ever found on ebay were mislabeled or lost and I just happened to stumble on to them.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration