Old Photo - Ten Period Photos Of People Posing With A Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Old Photo - Ten Period Photos Of People Posing With A Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay-In Northern California on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 12:25 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 01:55 pm:

Something I've always wondered about, in regards to the Couplet, as in the fourth picture. Most period photos show the cowl lamps turned inward as in the the above photo. Usually every modern restored couplet photo shows, the cowl lamps are turned outward like the other body styles. I would think Ford would have a standard mounting procedure on this, or is it just somthing that's just overlooked?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick .... Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 03:08 pm:

I love these old photos. I'm not much of a researcher but some photos really lend themselves to investigation:

Chatham Lighthouse, Cape Cod, Mass.
Before 1923 it had two lights:
chatham1

1930 was shown above:
chatham2

Now... note addition in back and change in front (removal of two front lean-tos which are visible in 1930 photo:

chatham3

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay-In Northern California on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 09:59 pm:

Terry, thanks for sharing your detective work on the light house photo, I really enjoyed your post and share your love of Old Photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker -- NW Ark. on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 11:06 pm:

The 1915 Copelet is a very early one, with no porthole windows in the top and with the "fat-rimmed" cowl lamps. The headlights look as if they might be the bigger ones as well. Oh, to be able to see one of those in person at that time! We could learn a great deal from it. What a great pic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 11:19 pm:

What are the other cars in the showroom?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 01:14 am:

The last Picture says on the side of the TT,
"Post Exchange
Ft Benning GA"
This is just like Wheel of Fortune on TV.
So Funny...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 04:27 am:

John Berch, interesting observation. I had not noticed that. Any other opinions out there? Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration