Fordson car Conversion

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Fordson car Conversion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley near Melboune Australia on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 05:22 am:

There are several threads about equipment to convert a car to a truck, or a car to a tractor.

Here is a photo of a Fordson made into a car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 06:29 am:

And Ralph Nader thought the Corvair was dangerous !!! No "progressive" government in this new millenium would allow that lady's right arm to get so close to the strap spokes of that rear wheel. My, how have we made it for so long? I wonder if that side car was really a Fordson accessory or homemade because it appears to mount where the left side plow would mount. Totally interesting. . . . thanks for sharing Dane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 07:32 am:

I think that's an early corn or cotton picker attachment. He drives through the fields and she reaches out and picks the corn or cotton.

A poor mans mother-in-law seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 08:28 am:

Reminds me of this one:

My late Dad used to say a fat woman was good: she keeps you warm in the winter, and you can sleep in the shade in the summer. Bet he never thought of ballast. Or maybe he did...

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Voyages on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 04:25 pm:

If any one asks I will deny I said this. But Ricks father's comment reminded me of what an older lady told me once: (much to my surprise!!)
'There is more to hang on to and the ride is more comfortable'.
She was referring to the skinny, boney ladies of recent times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 04:44 pm:

Those are two women I would not want mad at me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 04:49 pm:

Manuel,

Down here we call it "More cushion for the pushin".

There's others but they are not suitable for the forum. :-)

As you can tell, I'm not much on the anorexic walking skeleton type dames.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 05:58 pm:

You fellas have reminded me of two of my favorite songs, both by Howlin' Wolf:

Built for Comfort, with the immortal line "I'm built for comfort, I ain't built for speed."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlBqo8Pco_A&feature=related

Three Hundred Pounds of Heavenly Joy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ2UadHc_Qg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 10:00 am:

Don't forget Elmore James' "TV Mamma". "The one with the big, wide screen...."

(Also done by Big Joe Turner I believe.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 10:05 am:

There's also the tune, "It Must be Jelly Cause Jam Don't Shake Like That". Done by Glen Miller & others.

Hasn't this thread gotten interesting?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 10:37 am:

There's a song by Buck Owens called "Big Mama's Medicine Show"

I can't recall all the lyrics but they go something like-

"You can ride all night, then you do all right, by seeing Big Mama and her Medicine Show"

When I used to go bar hopping, "Medicine Show" was the code word when a big mama was heading our way.

Only 2 women caught on to what we were saying, and that wasn't good. The last time my friend said it and she liked to kill him. He left with a bloody nose and black eye. I left laughing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 11:12 am:

Don't know why this came to mind. It just did.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration