O !!! What a feeling!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: O !!! What a feeling!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Nowland . Texas .Australia. on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 07:26 am:

Had my first drive of a T today.First time start too! Had to tell someone.! My dad left me his T projects,but I shortcut and bought a goer from LA so I can join the fun and learn NOW. Hope you're watching Dad? Happy Motoring - Rob. ps have tried to upload photo, but will have to resize? Regards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 07:34 am:

...Toyota! Sorry, couldn't help myself!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 08:51 am:

Congrats Rob. Now you have the disease too. Sure is a great feeling. Takes one back in time to a happier place. Grease and rust have amazing restorative powers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock Newfields NH on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 12:55 pm:

David - It's T o'yo-ta..

Still trying to figure out what "o'yo-ta" means. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 01:03 pm:

Congratulations Rob. He's watching, I'm certain of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 03:51 pm:

Hello Rob,

Congratulations on your new purchase. Hope to see you at our first M.T.O.Q. outing next February. Best regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 04:14 pm:

Hi Rob,
Heartiest congragulations on your new old car and your first successful outing! It ain't an easy car for a modern driver to learn, so you are now ahead of the game. Enjoy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 04:21 pm:

My wife rode in the Christmas parade with me. Longest she has ever been in the T. She got to watch (I didn't realize how closely she was observing) spark advance adjustments, lean/rich adjustments, use of low speed pedal, use of the lever to keep it in nuetral, and sometimes to park, etc etc. Now she wants to learn to drive it. Her comment was that driving a T puts you in touch with the car - directly - not through a computer. I think she is right. That's part of why we like driving them so much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" Harold Tucker on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 10:01 pm:

Rob,

That is great! And I'm sure your Dad would be very happy!

Respectfully submitted

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration