Old Photos vintage Ts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Old Photos vintage Ts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 09:00 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 03:32 pm:

I wonder if Oak Flat road is still around?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 03:51 pm:

If it is, I bet it's paved and has a guard rail on one side and a retaining wall on the other. Then there's probably a filter fence down the hill somewhere to catch all the horrible silt and other debris that would otherwise naturally be recycled and moved by the creek below. That's only if the tree huggers didn't close it off so it could fill up with undergrowth, jaggerbushes, and dead timber waiting for a forest fire to come along and provide ample fuel and no access to get there to fight it.

If we told the people in that T how we did it all today, they'd say we were idiots wasting time instead of working.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 04:15 pm:

There is now CA Highway 120, the eastern portion of which is also known as Big Oak Flat Road. Highway 120 runs up the mountians from the central valley (Starts just west of Manteca). Somewhere around Groveland it starts to also be called Big Oak Flat Road and it does go into Yosemite. I'm not 100% on this, but I think the "Oak Flat Road" in the picture and highway 120 are one and the same. For you guys familiar with this area, it's the same road as the one that has the infamous "Priest Grade".

Yes, it's now paved. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 05:48 pm:

Craig - AMEN !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 06:18 pm:

Erich, forgot to say thanks for posting! That '16 looks great. There has been one like that at Hershey in the past.

Craig

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration