What is with all the spam after posting a wanted ad?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: What is with all the spam after posting a wanted ad?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael W. Herndon on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 03:43 pm:

I posted an ad on this site for a robe rail (brass) and now I am getting all kinds of proposals from spammers... This happen to anyone else? Thanks... Michael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 03:51 pm:

Yes sir, that's why many put nospam in their mail adress - cuts out most of the spam, but some still comes through - though the scammers are still fairly easy to identify as soon as you ask any specific question about what they say they want to sell or buy..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 03:52 pm:

All of us!
Try including only your telephone number in your ad. Ask interested parties to call you and if they are serious you can exchange email address'.
That is the only thing I found that works.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael W. Herndon on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 03:56 pm:

Thanks, guys... Some Prince from Europe wants to be my best friend and he has a sister he wants me to marry. She must really be ugly to need her brother to get her a husband! Ha..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock Newfields NH on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 04:09 pm:

If you own a Model T or deal in Model T parts you HAVE to be rich so get used to it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack J. Cole on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 05:55 pm:

I wonder how much he is willing to pay to get her married off?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB Toms River N.J. on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 06:01 pm:

I can't believe that these guys persist here. Assuming that most people that post an ad on the Forum also read the Forum and are aware of the scams, why does it continue? Have people been taken out recently? I don't see that happening because it hits the Forum at least once a month and we all seem aware of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 06:53 pm:

Michael,

I had to change my email address after posting an ad. Next time I will get a temporary email address or try the nospam method, or both.

Neil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 07:00 pm:

Neil
Forget the "no spam" method, the "bots" are onto that technique.
When I switched to telephone number only in MTFCA Classifieds ads all the Nigerians et al ceased sending me email.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A. Woods on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 09:47 pm:

Ron's got the only solution to spam. Those @$$ holes are just dying to get your email address so they can make your life miserable. I get so much in my yahoo email even though it has been months since I ran an ad, that I am thinking that I'm going to have to cancell my yahoo account and reregister with another name. I'll never again use my email address.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 10:03 pm:

Prince wants you to marry his sister? Bribe and bride sound too much alike so they call it a dowry. Still compensation what?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Or on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 10:07 pm:

When you fill out your contact information don't include your email address leave it blank. Filling it put it in the ad. Put your email address with the no spam or what ever in the body of the description. The last ad I placed didn't get any spam (ok 1 maybe from Dallis TX :-) )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael W. Herndon on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 07:16 pm:

Talk about spam! I just got an email from Michelle Obama asking me to vote for her husband! I didn't know she read the Model T ads! Gee... She's dreamin' !! Last thing I need is more of this kind of "change"..... ;o0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez - Templeton, CA on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 08:59 pm:

My solution is to open "spam" then hit delete. The world thinks we are fools. We can either prove them right or wrong. Its up to you!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration