George Coons passing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: George Coons passing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 08:37 pm:

I noticed on the MTFCI site George passed away yesterday at 91 yrs old, all of us who have toured with him over the last 30 years or so will miss his great smile and attitude. He hardly ever missed any tour, we are sure he is with his wife, Bud Scudder and many others telling them what they have missed. God Bless you Mr George Coons. He was a member of the Nokin T Club.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 08:45 pm:

His wife, Rosa died in a model T accident, with a modern car, a few years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 09:09 pm:

George was always a true gentleman,happy to see you. He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 09:44 pm:

George Coons was one of the originators of the Hoosier Model T Club. It recently joined the MTFCA.

I remember those old timers from when I was a teenager in the late 1950's - George Coons, Art Ridgeway, John Smith, Dick Alexander, Marlow Hinkle to mention a few.

They're all gone now, George was the last.

RIP all of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Cook on Monday, December 12, 2011 - 10:59 pm:

It was a priviledge to know George. I have only known him for a few years but it was always a pleasure to talk to him. He will surely be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 06:27 am:

Here is the funeral home website and obituary.
http://www.toddfuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1336361&fh_id=120 02
We were with George and Mark on December 4th and I thought he looked good and was having a great time at the Noken T Christmas party. My understanding is he died of pnemonia.
Note that he died on his birthday.
We will miss him on the many tours he attended. Kuddos to Mark and the rest of the family for making sure he got to attend the many tours after his stroke.
Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 07:47 am:

We are going to miss George. Here he is in his 1911 during the summer of 2008 on a Nokin T's tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 08:19 am:

We will miss his smile and warm handshake that we got every time we saw him. We did not know him well, but the time we shared with him will be cherished. We will keep his family in our prayers at this very difficult time. Just remember to enjoy life until the last breath, as we're sure George did.
Brent & Nancy Mize

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration