White tires or gray tires?-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: White tires or gray tires?-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 01:45 am:

Two sides of a postcard.

Look at the cancelization on the stamp.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 02:30 am:

NICE photo! They look like treadless white.
Thank you for sharing.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 11:10 am:

What do you think? Are these tires white or gray?

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George - Cherry Hill New Jersey on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 11:23 am:

Herb,

I'd be one to say they were a pale gray oe what could be called 'dirty white' as I'm still of the opinion that tires were never white/white to begin with in the era. They were just too expensive to begin with (about 2-3 times what they cost today in real money) and to find a way to bleach out the actual rubber would have just cost even more $$$$. But thats just my thought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker -- NW Ark. on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 11:32 am:

They appear to be about as white as the lady's skin, but not as white as the ruffles on her sleeves. "Dirty white" or "off-white" perhaps, maybe slightly beige.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay, BC on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 11:40 am:

Hubba Hubba, No wonder Lee tires sold well! I've heard advertisements for Lee tires being sold at Signal Oil stations during the Whistler in the 40's I think.

Is that trade mark the man in the moon?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roy palmer on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 11:40 am:

those tire would be worth a fortune today, since we have just found out they will no longer be made.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 11:55 am:

Are white treaded tires a modern concession to usefulness?

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 12:02 pm:

The tires look like they're wrapped in paper (?)

Phil

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration