Door panel tacking today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Door panel tacking today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 04:28 pm:

Rain again today, so garage calling to get the doors for the Autowa covered.

Sent patterns to Elizabeth at Classtique for new panels.

Using old ones as guide, tacked on new panels as was done maybe 90 years ago..by some fella in IL....felt like a historian doing this :-)

Trimmed off excess and started the gimp welt placed with large head tacks. Followed the original tack pattern too.

Seems like new again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Aiken, SC on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 04:41 pm:

Looks great Dan!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George - Cherry Hill New Jersey on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 04:42 pm:

Dan,

When you run out of 'personal experiences' that always show great research and attention to fine details...

Just call...

You can pick which one and I'll ship it down to you to keep you from becoming bored :-):-) Not just any of the T's in the stable either, theres a 59 Edsel Ranger with less than 20K on the motor and a host of other things that could prove interesting....lol

Great work....Always

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Orlando Ortega Jr. Portales, New Mexico on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 05:03 pm:

Looking Good Dan!

That Autowa is going to be a beauty.

Orlando

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 02:55 am:

Someday, I hope I get to see that car in person. It is really looking great! You should be proud!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 03:15 am:

Man, that looks great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william louis rosenthal on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 01:12 pm:

Dan:
What is the backing material you used under the this finished panel? Curious what keeps this material from warping as some moisture will eventualy getto it.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence J. Bohlen on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 07:12 pm:

Dan,

I want you to restore my next car.

Looks great.

Larry

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration