Stearing question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Stearing question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 09:41 pm:

I have a 2010 Ford 150 and it dosen't seam to have a good positive fealing when driving empty or when towing trailer. Never had this with the truck that was stolen last year, even with a gross wt. of 10,000 lbs. Could it be the tires?
It came with HANKOOK DYNAPRO AT ( are thay overseas mfg? that ford is using ) I have less than 7000 miles on it. Its almost like driving a T.
Any ideas, I wood like to correct it even if it means changing all of the almost new tires.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 10:03 pm:

Hankook (hanguk) is the Korean word for Korean. Some Korean products are OK, and some are not. And yes, it's possible for tires to affect handling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 10:09 pm:

A 2010 with 7000 miles is still in Warranty. Take it to a Ford dealership with a local owner and have them check out your complaint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack J. Cole on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 10:15 pm:

The thieves probably took the truck off road and there could be damage to steering parts.I know the neighbor down the road who's Navigator got stolen had to have some work done on it because of abuse in the short week that the mexicans wife was driveing it that stole it.Hitting curbs and stuff aint a issue when you can park it and run from it.I say follow Ted's idea.
The cheap quick thing to do is rotate the tires front to back and see if there is any difference.Wont solve the problem,but may change the syptoms.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Daw on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 11:37 pm:

If it checks out and everything is in alignment, you might try an air pressure adjustment with up to 15 pounds more in the rear tires than the front.
I am with the others that think you may have damaged parts or an alignment problem though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 11:51 pm:

You might want to go and take a test drive in a different truck (same model) and see if it has the same feeling. If it does then I guess just get use to it and if it doesn't complain and see what they will do. You might want to talk to Mike Voughn who posts on here sometimes because he had a problem with his new F150 and it didn't seem like Ford treated him right and he might know who to talk to. Good Luck.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration