Can you show me some chain or cable lift TT dump beds?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Can you show me some chain or cable lift TT dump beds?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay, BC on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 12:26 am:

So, after spending quite a bit of time searching away on the old forums here, I came across a number of trucks that had a sort of A frame that lifted up the front of the dump/flatdeck. I really like this style, and I think I'm going to build the bed for my TT like these.

What I'd really like to see, is the hinge mechanism at the back. I assume its basically a U shaped piece of steel on the upper and lower beams (?) of the bed, with a steel axle connecting them.

I also assume the cable, or chain needs to pull the bed back down, and hold it down, so when I jump up on the end, I don't dump myself out of the truck. Or if I'm loading the truck at the back with a fork lift.

Here's a couple of great pictures, I shamelessly stole from our members here. I'd welcome some more insight into this style of bed, and some comments from someone that owns/uses/used one.
Thanks
I think Adrian Posted this one:
pic1
This truck was recently discussed here, it has a Himmico (sp?) trans
pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay, BC on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 12:27 am:

Well, that second picture sure isn't too big is it?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration