Best way to repair clutch pedal wear

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Best way to repair clutch pedal wear
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 08:36 pm:

I'm trying to get rid of the slop thats in the clutch pedal linkage on my roadster pickup - the hole is enlarged on the pedal. I'm thinking that it's just a process of welding the hole completely and then drilling it out .... stick welder .... mig?? Any other method of dealing with this??

Regards,
Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Brownsburg,In. on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 08:44 pm:

I bushed one once and them reamed it to fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 09:17 pm:

Weld it up and re drill it. I have seen brass used but it is too soft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska - Denver Colorado on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 09:27 pm:

I will second what Eric said. I used brass on one a long time ago and the repair did not last long. Brass is to soft for this application.

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 10:34 pm:

My 27 was repaired by brazing in 1962 and is still working. I brazed my 24 a few years back. Brass has worked fine for me. Maybe my pedal shafts leak more oil than yours do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 04:47 am:

A Mig welder works great. Try practicing on some flat stock about the same thickness with some holes drilled in it if you aren't experienced with a Mig. Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration