Cheesy Home Video of a Ride in a Model T on a Dirt Road

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Cheesy Home Video of a Ride in a Model T on a Dirt Road
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - SE Georgia on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 08:59 pm:

Not the best quality, but some interesting scenery. We took this video last Sunday afternoon.

http://youtu.be/5e0mXh86JCM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 09:29 pm:

Looks like a cotton pick'n good time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 09:36 pm:

Do they raise more than one crop of cotton down there? In these parts it's already been picked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - SE Georgia on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 09:43 pm:

No, just one. Most of ours has been picked already, but there are still a few fields around. Sometimes they will go into January.

You can't tell from the video, but the field at the very first is newly transplanted onions. They will be harvested beginning in April.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle- the unchanged USA!!! on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 09:53 pm:

The washboard road near the end remind me of the Indiana covered bridge roads. I'll bet that sand is softer than the gravel, though.

Good video! Post more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay, BC on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 10:01 pm:

That's great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Orlando Ortega Jr. Portales, New Mexico on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 10:43 pm:

Hal,

Thanks for the ride.

We have cotton fields in our part of world too. We also grow a specialty peanut called the "Valencia". It's smaller and sweeter than the peanuts in your area.

Orlando

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 11:31 pm:

Fun! Love vids like this. Here is one of mine from late summer. Most of the guys here have seen it I think but just in case....

My third time ever driving a T:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDWGquSluqw

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 11:51 pm:

Runnin' along at a nice clip! The dirt roads around here don't look that smooth and definitely are not that straight. Also, any time a field looks that white around here, it means it snowed a day or so ago.
Thanks!
Drive carefully, and enjoy the season! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 04:45 am:

Great video Hal! Is that your daughter driving?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - SE Georgia on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 06:47 am:

Nope. That'd be my wife, Karen. The car is actually her's.

Glad you guys liked the video.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration