Old Motorcycle & Car photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Old Motorcycle & Car photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Battell on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 04:49 pm:

I don't know if any of these are Model T's, and they probably aren't (the motorcycle is a Harley-Davidson). The one with the cow is an Austin, taken in 1937. I think the one's in the camping trip photos are a Studebaker. The others I don't know, but thought someone might be interested in seeing these anyway. The camping trip was my parent's honeymoon in 1926
old  motorcyle photo
old  motorcyle photo
1926 photo
1926 photo
Austin - 1937 photo
around 1920 photo
maybe 1930's photo
mid to late 1920's photo
1926 wedding trip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Aiken, SC on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 05:05 pm:

I can't help with the marques, but I think the pics themselves are great. Are they all of your folks?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Haynes on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 09:02 pm:

The camping car is an early '20s Studebaker Big Six, the sedan is a ~'24 Essex, The CO-OP car is likely the same American Austin as the cow car.

The one I most want to see is the 5-passenger speedster - but the photo is so dark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 11:22 pm:

The five passenger speedster appears to have a reversed license plate.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Battell on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 08:54 am:

Yes, the pictures are all of my folks. My father was born in 1899, and my mother in 1909. My father is on the right (rear-end) side of the ox. On the back of that photo it says that he is comparing the size of the Austin to the ox.
I remember either him or my mother telling me that they had a very loud horn on that little car, and that it would surprise people who expected a little quiet beep from the small car.
In the picture with my father in the middle and mother on the right, my mother's younger sister is on the left.
In the roadster picture, my mother is in the middle, just to the right of the steering wheel. I tried mirroring the picture, but the license plate still seems jibberish. I will try to locate the original photo in my files, but it is about 90 years old and as I recall it was very faded.
Also, that is my father on the Harley. The Co-Op picture is in Ladysmith, Wisconsin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 10:15 am:

The five passenger speedster may be a 1912 or 1913 Cadillac with custom body. Hints include the headlights, radiator shell, crank & steering wheel... all appear to be Cadillac of that vintage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard near Pittsburgh PA on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 11:23 am:

Is the car in the CO OP photo a Bantam?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard near Pittsburgh PA on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 11:25 am:

I guess I don't read very well.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration