Upolstery shop-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Upolstery shop-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 07:15 am:

Read the signs.
I would say that the man on the right is the owner and he has attitude!

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 08:07 am:

It's hard to read the left one - I think it says:
"Not responsible for fire, theft or tornadoes" (?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 08:09 am:

..Wonder what the IRS man said about the owner keeping no books? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 08:10 am:

This was from Oklahoma.
The sign I believe says
"Not responsible for Fire, Theft or Tornadoes".
How does that help if the sign blows away?

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 08:21 am:

The govt would love to do away with cash, so every transaction would have an audit trail. They figure the lost tax revenue in just Los Angeles is in the $Multi-millions.

As it is, any time you buy with any medium but green cash, the retailers, the cc companies and the govt know all about it. Grocery store purchases are the big tattlers of your lifestyle. That's why most of them have surcharges disguised as discounts if you don't identify yourself to them.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 10:27 am:

Ricks,

Every time I go to Ralph's (the super market, not your house) they ask me for my "Ralph's Card".

I reply "Oh, you mean my Ralph's Marketing Reasearch Card?" That usually gets a sarcastic grin from the checker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 10:40 am:

Mike, it's a spy card.

That's precisely why I don't go to Ralph's. Last time I went for an item priced at $4, and when I went to check out, it was $6. The green cash price was in fine print. I walked out without the item, and went out of my way to Stater, where they don't spy if you pay cash.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 10:44 am:

I get the "discount" cards, but don't put in my true identity.

Neil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 10:56 am:

Here is the shop Eric Hylen and Andy Loso would have gone to in St. Cloud, Minnesota. Dated July 1922.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 02:13 pm:

Not only no books, but very little overhead too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 03:35 pm:

Lance,

That is Eric and Andy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 06:25 pm:

What do you suppose the round thing is that the man is holding on the sawhorse?
It looks like a wire wheel.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 06:34 pm:

I enlarged the photo by doing the old "Ctrl +" trick and it looks like a wire wheel.

In the enlarged photo you can see that the sedan in the background has wire wheels on it also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 08:21 pm:

Ralph, Dillons (Kroger) is welcome to spy on the less than $5 a week I spend at their store. I buy almost all my groceries at the locally owned independent. No card there, just lower rices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 08:51 pm:

I think Ralphs and Vons are part of Kroger as well. It's a huge CONglomerate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 07:25 pm:

Strange kind of two tone paint scheme on that sedan, huh?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration