1903?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: 1903?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Mathis, RV Arkansas on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 02:38 pm:

My neighbor found this in somes things he bought at an auction. At the bottom says it was the first Ford advertised in "The Saturday Evening Post". Is it a 1903?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 02:46 pm:

Yes, with the optional rear tonneau.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 02:54 pm:

I like that the moniker "BOSS" was used by ford as far back as 1903.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 03:04 pm:

From the online encyclopedia. The ad appeared before the first reported sale.

Model A
First sale July 20, 1903. Last sale January 10, 1905.* Approximately 1750 were made, beginning with serial number one. (Serial numbers 1, 2, and 3 apparently were never sold. Perhaps they were kept by Ford executives.) The Model A was superseded by the Model AC (a Model A with a Model C engine) which continued the serial number sequence of the Model A.**
Horsepower 8
Bore/Stoke 4 by 4 inches
Cylinders 2 opposed
Wheelbase 72 inches
Tread 55 inches
Price $750. Tonneau, $100.
Leather top, $50. Rubber top, $30

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 05:12 pm:

"...the most perfect machine on the market, having overcome all draw backs such as smell, noise, jolt, etc. common to all other makes of Auto Carriages."

I love it. Ours is better, the other guys' is junk! And some people think things have changed.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 02:22 am:

I notice the name Fordmobile under the picture - that name didn't catch on as it did with Olds.. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration