My 1912 turned 100 this month!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: My 1912 turned 100 this month!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 08:25 pm:

The engine castings (head and block) were made before December 1, 1911. Since most blocks left the factory installed in cars within two weeks my car is now officially 100 years old! I thank all the previous owners for keeping the car largely intact and bearing most of its original parts for all these years.

Even the guy who painted it this color!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 08:31 pm:

Gotta admit, my favorite Model T is the 1912 Step-Body Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 08:34 pm:

Happy Birthday Royce.

I heard that was a "special order" color. :-)

Enjoy, and Happy Holidays,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" Harold Tucker on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 10:25 pm:

Royce,

Happy B'day celebration! And thank you for posting the body number photo. I'm a little tired and for some reason I think the photo has an optical illusion or maybe just my eyes. It looks like the wood piece is not flat I suspect it really is. I would guess you lifted up the front seat cushion and the number is stamped on the wood frame located in front of the gas tank. But in case it is in a different location, would you please confirm I guessed right or let us know where it is stamped?

Again -- great car and I know you have and will continue to take great care of it.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska - Denver Colorado on Friday, December 16, 2011 - 10:31 pm:

Royce,

Congratulations on your car turning 100! I wish I was lucky enough to own a 12 T.

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 01:22 am:

Well done, another great looking survivor in loving hands. Did you buy a birthday cake? Dave C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 02:48 am:

Bonjour.

100 years and still beautiful.

Happy Birthday to your 1912 Ford Model T, Royce.

A plan to offer you a great birthday cake, Or fill the tank of champagne for this unique opportunity ?

Olivier (France)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 03:33 am:

Wonderful. Congratulations, and hopefully it lasts a few hundred more!
Drive carefully, and enjoy the season! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 04:33 am:

Royce, you are indeed fortunate to have such a complete and pretty much original car. Have you been able to determine just why one of the previous owners painted it that color? Happy Birthday for the T. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 06:40 am:

So far as I can tell any of the known previous owners are deceased. Funny thing, the car was entered in the Greenfield village show in the latr 1970's and no one remembers seeing it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration