Country Store Model T-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Country Store Model T-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 09:22 am:

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 02:51 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/252665.html?1323591943

Those kids look so bored....Love the front porch support poles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 03:18 pm:

Watever those kids were doing, I bet it was not consistent with modern child labor laws! I wonder if those cases of bottles on the porch are soda or something stronger?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 03:23 pm:

Love the necktie on one of the children.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 04:32 pm:

Look at the posture/body language (whatever you call it) of the kids. Something about the way they're holding their arms tells me that they are used to working.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 05:12 pm:

My dad used to tell me about his driving a team of horses for a county road building crew. The county would lease local farmer's teams for hauling, grading, etc. He was 12 years old at the time. Later he worked in a bakery after school and saturdays. His dad was there to collect his pay to help buy groceries for the family. Times were tough then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 09:08 pm:

Cities and towns used horse drawn plows up until fairly recently to clear snowy sidewalks. 1969 was the last year that the City of Jamestown (NY) used them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steamboat on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 12:49 pm:

I was driving a team when I was about 10 or 11. It was just to help out during the haying seasons or whenever things got busy. I wasn't big enough to do the harnessing, the bigger kids did that, but I had no problem driving them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john a voss on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 03:09 pm:

My wife was driving her grandfathers team during haying season at 10 years old --
that was in 1948 ( now we know how old she is ) --
she still drives single & pair -- and teaches " Driving " at Cazenovia college ( ny )
love this photo -- Merry Christmas

jack & sue

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration