Old Ford Radio Commercials??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Old Ford Radio Commercials??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 09:41 pm:

Does anyone have links to any old Ford radio commercials from the 20s? Do they exist? I've tried finding them but to no avail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 11:29 pm:

I doubt it very much. The major networks broadcast everything live, and I don't believe they started recording all their live broadcasts (for legal CYA purposes) until the mid to late thirties. While some series like Sam & Henry (Amos & Andy) were recorded and syndicated to local stations in the twenties, the commercials were usually local and done live. I don't believe I've ever heard an air check with commercials from the twenties. There are Ford commercials from the thirties and forties, but I think you'll just have to imagine the twenties. I guess the next best thing is from TV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-YO5gzw6xg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 12:14 am:

You would stand a better chance of finding some "Ford Saturday Evening Hour" radio programs than you would Ford radio commercials.

The only thing with Ford Evening Hour programs is they had a bare minimum of advertising. Even if you found surviving audio of those programs, unless you like classical music, square dance music and William Cameron's weekly talk- you'd find it pretty boring.

The National Film Collection has a large collection of era Ford film that was donated by FoMoCo in the 1950s, perhaps they may know a source of old audio.

I would also like to hear old audio advertising but I bet they don't exist much anymore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 12:33 am:

Checking the SPERDVAC website, I see they have several Ford Show, Ford Showroom, and Ford Theater programs, all from the late forties.

http://www.sperdvac.org/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial Davis of Veneta, Oregon on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 08:44 am:

This will help. Thanks guys. Steve your YOu Tube link reminded me of the Internet Archive. Their search engine is currently inop but I'll try back later.

The reason for my search is that I run a low powered FM station here and I do an occassional oldies show with old jazz and blues from the 20s-40s. These old commercials will make a great addition to the next show.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration