Wood & Wheels on Modern Marvels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Wood & Wheels on Modern Marvels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Calimer on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 10:41 pm:

Often on the forum there is discussion of wood and it's properties. There is also a lot of discussion about the wheels of the model T.

On Monday December 19 at 10PM the topic on Modern Marvels is Wood. Modern Marvels is found on the H2 channel. Formally called History International.

I had the oppurtunity to have one of their film crews visit my shop last August. They filmed for over 8 hours, so included in the show should be some segments on making wheels.

I have not seen the episode, so I have no idea what will be shown or how it will be presented. I do know that on the promo you can see wood being bent on my bender. I'm just honored to have been included in the show even if it is only for 10 seconds.

Watch and enjoy if you have the chance

Bill Calimer
Calimer's Wheel Shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 11:16 pm:

Dagnab it! I pay $150 a month for DreckTV, and don't get H2. Some of the Mod Marvels are on H1, but not this one. I can see it in the lineup for H2.

Maybe someday it will come to us poor folk. Thanks for the headsup, anyhow.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Button III (Chip) on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 11:20 pm:

Cant wait!!Thanks for the heads-up Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack J. Cole on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 09:45 am:

150 for TV?????
Dang,you must be a millionair to be able to afford thaT!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 10:51 am:

I've seen the promo's for that show and it's on my interest list. What the heck, I pay $180 a month for Verizon but it's High Def. TV, Internet and phone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 11:01 am:

Dennis;
You must have signed up for everything?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 12:42 pm:

Ralph - We have Direct TV and we get H2; it's on Direct TV channel 271. The Modern Marvel show with the topic "Wood" is listed on the on-screen program to play twice tomorrow; at 7:00pm and again at 11:00pm Pacific Time. Thanks Bill; looking forward to it,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks_-_Surf_City on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 01:12 pm:

Thanks, Harold; it's on 271 here, too, but not part of our package, I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes-Men Falls, WI on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 02:49 pm:

ATT U-verse has it on the U200 package. Channel 274. I will look for it.

U-verse cost us about $100 a month with phone(1000 min long distance) and internet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 06:31 am:

"Dennis;
You must have signed up for everything?"

Yup, I've got 'the works'. The Mrs. has 'her' channels, I've got 'my' channels, all 'programmable' with the remote. I've got standard channels, I've got 'high definition' channels and when the grand daughters were down here living with us, they showed us how to use stuff we didn't even know we had? (It's amazing what 2 pre teen girls can do to a television these days). I couldn't have 'all of it' though, Verizon keeps calling me, asking me if I want to add more.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration