1903-09 Early Ford Registry

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: 1903-09 Early Ford Registry
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Voyages on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 03:31 pm:

My sign-in has lapsed on the Early Ford Reg and it won't let me sign in again.
Says it has expired :-(
There appears to be no contactable web site person.
What do I do now?

Manuel in Oz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne - Racine, MN on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 05:26 pm:

You can contact: dave@dunlavy.us
Dave Dunlavy is the man in charge of the Web page, he can help you out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" Harold Tucker on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 06:08 pm:

Manuel,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Anyone may access the Early Ford Registry web site by going to: http://www.earlyfordregistry.com/ And anyone can continue from that page to several of the other pages to review the photos (nice Model B Ford photos are up), read the forum, and most of the other selections from the menu on the left hand side.

Anyone may view the Early Ford Registry forum postings (just go to: http://www.earlyfordregistry.com/phpBB3/index.php and click on the forum name (Early Ford Discussion) or go direct to: http://www.earlyfordregistry.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=e04fa33e7407eadb60 ccc7d521a54397 But if someone wants to make a posting we must first register. We may miss a few worthwhile inputs from someone who does not want to register, but Dave our web master does not have the time to watch the forum and delete spam etc. It seems to work well for the Early Ford Registry group. Note I said “anyone” may register and post on the forum. You do not need to be a dues paying member of the Early Ford Registry to post a note on their (our) forum. (We use the registration to help ensure the postings are related to old cars and not spam). To register click on the link “register” at the top right hand side where it says “FAQ, Regiser, Login. And no it is not Amazon dot com with 24 hour automated registration. There is real person who will have to open and read the registration. Look to see if it says Nigeria etc. and make a judgment call on if it sound like a real person or not. So it can take a day or two (or week or so if the web master is at Hershey etc.).

Note I cannot post a note on the EFR forum at the moment – because I don’t know my password – it is on my computer that went into the “shop” last week. If that is the area you are trying to access – you can “view” the forum and find your user name if you posted there before. (In my case “Hap” and yes I’ve had to look it up before). Then go to their forum log on page at http://www.earlyfordregistry.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=login and type in your user name and click on “I forgot my password” They will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address you gave them with directions and a new temporary password so you can log on. If that does not work for some reason – please e-mail Dave Dunlavy the EFR web master. See the link at the bottom of most pages where it says “Click to send Web Master e-mail.” (Also I’ll send you his e-mail after I post this.)

Note the only section that is restricted to actual members of the Early Ford Registry is the “Members Area.” [The Member’s Photos is not part of that restricted area and anyone can view them (lots of early Ford photos)]. Membership is $10 a year ($20 if someone wants the paper copy of the news letter snail mailed to them). And that gives you access to Newsletters, Videos, Horseless Age Magazines, Parts and Price Lists, etc. For that Members Area – you have a different user name. If you click on http://www.earlyfordregistry.com/members1.php there are instructions for logging in there. Again if it is not working for you contact the EFR Web Master.

Finally if you are in a hurry to post something etc. – if you send me an e-mail (click on my name on this or any other posting and my e-mail address is the third line down) with what you want posted I will try to post it for you.
Sometimes the technology is very helpful and sometimes it is a little frustrating. But usually it is more helpful than frustrating.

Again, thank you for your support to our hobby and Merry Christmas.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off (no you do not have to own an early Ford to be a member of the Early Ford Registry)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Voyages on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 11:34 pm:

I can finally sign on to The Registry.
Many thanks to Hap and Dave. I couldn't have done it without them.

Regards,

Manuel in Oz

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration