OTSO I am wondering if it is a good idea for me to use the 2010 resource guide to try and find items for sale.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: OTSO I am wondering if it is a good idea for me to use the 2010 resource guide to try and find items for sale.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew K. Deckman on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 03:57 pm:

I am looking for a tent trailer to restore and my past advert in the forum did give me a legit lead but the seller became not motivated. So I gave him 10 months to get the time to do it. I have givin up on that one.

Well to the reason that I am typeing this thread.

I have found a picture or 2 of tent trailers in the 2010 resourse guide and I am trying to contact those on email for now. I think that a phone call would be to much form a "stranger" to some one who is not "selling" anything. I am hopeing that they can get me in touch with someone who is willing to sell.

How woild you feel if someone contacted you through this manner?

Thank you for any advice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 04:01 pm:

Make the phone call, the worst than can happen is they hang upon you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 04:33 pm:

I think I would call and explain that you saw their trailers and wanted to know if they knew of any like it for sale and if they ever wanted to sell theirs to call you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" Harold Tucker on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 04:50 pm:

Andrew,

I'm not sure what the "2010 resource guide" is. If it is a listing of folks that have antique tent trailers and they are not listing them for sale -- I think many of those folks would welcome a phone call and would enjoy helping you find an antique tent trailer etc. to restore/refurbish. Don't take up a lot of their time but let them know you have been looking for the past 10 months or however long. Let them know you liked the photo of their earlier tent camper or whatever led you to them. And ask them if they know of any for sale or trade etc.

Contacting other folks who are into antique tent trailers: see: http://www.popupcamperhistory.com/history1.php I never knew there were that many manufactures between 1900 and 1945. They have copies of the original articles at: http://www.popupcamperhistory.com/history1images.html
There are also several posters on this forum (the one you are now reading) as well as other forums who have antique or reproduction tent trailers. See: http://forums.aaca.org/f169/early-tent-trailer-1919-warner-camper-277487.html and others. http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/107007.html?1253635660 (In case you were not on the forum a while back, Bud Scudder (RIP) passed away, but his posting has several other folks that are interested in campers. And they mention the
Tent Topped Touring Ts
c/o Jeff Kochis

If you look at MTFCA chapters in Connecticut a link to his e-mail and his phone is listed there see: http://mtfca.com/clubpages/chapters.htm

Having someone you know introduce you can also be helpful i.e. asking someone from the Tent Top Campers etc. to give you leads.
If that is not the type of popup tent camper you are talking about please let us know what you wanted.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap 1915 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 10:39 pm:

I have had numerous phone calls out of the blue concerning antique Studebakers, horseless carriages, and other hobby related things. I, and several people I know , welcome them (within reason).

I would like to also consider getting a T era tent trailer to restore. (Like I need another project!) So I look forward to some replies here. I would like to see pictures of several of the different styles of trailers built back in the day.
Drive carefully, and enjoy the season! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 10:43 pm:

I intend to build a trailer. If I actually do it, I'll post some pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 11:28 pm:

I've actually scored some really rare parts by 'cold calling' people with similar cars that I was/am hunting parts for.

Same rule applies at the car shows and the like. Leave no rock unturned as you never know what will turn up! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration