Help with window handles

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Help with window handles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 04:25 pm:

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas and Happy New Model T years.
... I have found that differences in the windscreen Center Door and Coupelet (Coupe)
are as follows, see picture.
I wonder if anyone has such a (lower) windshield to sell? or just the two handles. Would be very grateful for the response,

Pictures of my Coupelet I will later show, I'm still doing and ready it for painting.

application/pdf
Coupelet 1918 window.pdf (107.0 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" Harold Tucker on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 06:45 pm:

Ake,

From your profile I noticed this is your first posting. Welcome aboard!

A couple of comments to consider. Your car/body may have been produced in the USA, Canada, UK or perhaps even some other location. Depending on when, where and by whom it was produced it may or may not have had the style of handles you said you are looking for. Did the photo you posted show the current window pull knobs? And are there any signs that the other style of window pulls were ever installed?

It may turn out that Ford USA, CA, & UK may have used the same handle for several models and years. If so, it should make finding the replacement handles easier. I don’t have access to my price list of parts manual at the moment. But from memory – I don’t recall them listing the pull handles. But if they do, that may help us determine what other years and bodies had the same or similar handles.

I’m sure someone will be able to help you with your search. For example Mark at Model T Haven has many different window frames see: http://modelthaven.com/pwg.html and also: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/254138.html

Again, welcome to the forum!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 02:38 am:

Thank you "Hap" Harold Tucker

.... thanks for that.
I have many books and it is found that the older cars had covered handles (Centerdoor, Coupelet), not knobs.
Notice the difference between these models, is then screwed forward and Coupelet is screwed out.
hope you understand my poor English.
I believe that after 1919 some had knobs, I believe according to the books.
My car come from the Chicago area, and came to Sweden 1986th
Coupelet model came September 10, 1917, my cars are manufactured assembled 12 days after the 10th September.

Detta foto på en likadan köpte jag från ebay detta år.
T-greetings Ake Österdahl

Coupelet 1918

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration