What Year Ford Model TRunning Gear? (PICS)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: What Year Ford Model TRunning Gear? (PICS)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Kean on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 07:52 pm:

My cousin has this old Ford running gear that is sitting at his place. I would like to be able to identity the year of it. Does anybody know? They are just wanting to scrap it but I think its worth saving. What do you think it weight is in case I want to buy it from him.

Thanks for the Info!
From Denton, Nebraska.
Andrew Kean

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 08:07 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 10:59 pm:

I see a speedster!
That rear spring looks like a tapered leaf spring with a couple extra leaves (a little more desirable). Johns estimate is about right give or take transportation cost vs convenience.
Drive carefully, and enjoy the season! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 11:04 pm:

As to year; tapered leaf spring, 1917 or earlier. As to the rest of it, there is not the needed detail to be precise. It appears to be somewhere between 1919 and 1925.
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez - Templeton, CA on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 10:14 pm:

$25.00 at best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield, KS on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 11:13 pm:

Can't tell from the pictures whether the pinion hole is covered or open to the weather. If it's plugged, there could be some usable parts in that rear axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rik van on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 11:45 pm:

Andrew it is mostly all there except the front spring. it is early T probably truck judging from the amount of leaves in the spring with homemade farm implement style wheels and 1 spoke wheel of unknown origin probably truck you'll have to cut the weded spindles & all that other junk welded on the front end was to make a farm buggy for towing. i probably would look around the farm for peices of sheet metal! farmers never throw anything away because the inner structure was all wood it may not look like a car anymore just sheetmetal check the scrap pile out back. check any mchinery on the farm (tractors, sawmills etc.) to see if they are powered by a flat 4 it could be the engine for it. look around chances are it is still there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 09:30 pm:

Not a TT frame, just a T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez - Templeton, CA on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 08:40 pm:

Looks like chef Boyardees' chassis (see post above)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 09:54 pm:

You asked about weight. My guesstimate is 350 pounds. Our local junkyard pays 1 cent a pound for miscellaneous scrap. So $35 might be a fair price.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration