Speedster Redo Progress

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Speedster Redo Progress
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Wrolstad on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 09:17 pm:

I've attached a few pics of my speedster redo in progress. "Speedy" has been on the road in an unfinished/primer/rusy state for about four years. The though was that I would "drive the bugs out" before taking the time to make him pretty. The color scheme at this point suggests a name change to "John Dear" or something along that line, but the final body and accent colors should mitigate any real shock to the eyeballs. I've included a pic of his early look, also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Wrolstad on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 09:19 pm:

Oops! One of the pics got there twice....sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 09:40 pm:

Lookin Good Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Stephan on Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 10:03 pm:

Looks pretty neat... keep the green and yellow and call it Deere John. Is that an external oil pump or a fuel pump off the generator gear? In addition to the Texas T oiler?
Whats the manifold(s) arraingement? I am working on the T bones to the frame with heim joints as well. Did you alter the caster or set it where she lays?? ws

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Wrolstad on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 12:05 am:

That's an oil pump off the gen drive. The caster was altered to about 7 degrees which allows for a nice track feel on any road. The intake manifolds are home built for the Texas T carbs. One carb works so well on my '26 Touring that I thought two should work better on a speedster; turns out I was right!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 12:14 am:

Where's the E-brake lever? How did you rig up low to high gear.... linkage direct off the low pedal? Also parking brake? Really like the suicide doors pretty slick, looks like a fun T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Wrolstad on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 12:18 pm:

The ebrake mechanism isn't re-installed yet; it all still works the same as stock, but the lever has moved to between the seats in a horizontal mode using a modified Model A handbrake lever; a modified modern emergency brake cable actuates the ebrake assembly. I hope that describes it well enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 04:34 am:

Do you have any pictures of the intake manifold when you were making it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Travis on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 06:58 am:

Boy, that is a great photo of the double "OO" up in the mountains. Thomas T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 09:30 am:

I like that. Do you know where the cowl originated? First I thought it was c:a 1920 Dodge, but not quite..?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Pitts on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 10:53 am:

Maxwell cowl?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Wrolstad on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 11:57 am:

Steve is right; I believe it's a teens Maxwell cowl. I was looking for a '26/7 T cowl when i found it at a friends place. I liked it because it's quite a bit wider than most and I wanted to build a body for two large people to ride comfortably. A T cowl would have to be widened a little for that purpose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Stephan on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 07:48 am:

Hey Jerry... can you post a pic and description of that oil pump on the generator mount? Its either that or the texas T oiler doodah on the hogshead. I think Im gonna run a 12 volt alternator on the drivers side, so why waste the cam gear? ws

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration