Not necessarily T-Eveready Mazda Automobile Lamp Kit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Not necessarily T-Eveready Mazda Automobile Lamp Kit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - SE Georgia on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 08:57 am:

I saw an Eveready Mazda Automobile Lamp Kit in an antique store yesterday. I did not buy it, because I wasn't sure of the value. Some of the items in this booth were way overpriced, like an unrebuilt Model T coil for $65, so I was cautious about buying the lamp kit. It is an oblong, but rounded, metal case with a hinged lid that has clips for 4 bulbs inside. There is one bulb still in there. I didn't check the number. On the inside it appears to be bare brass (Maybe plated?). The outside is painted with the Eveready Mazda logo and such. It is in good condition. Does anyone have an idea how old it is and what it may be worth. They were asking $25, which I would have spent, but sure as I did, I would find them 3 for a dollar at Hershey next year.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 09:16 am:

You determine how much it's worth for you
Seems like somebody thought such a kit in a well worn case was worth $42 at ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-EVEREADY-MAZDA-Automobile-Lamp-Kit-w-lamps-/2804 08889765
but it's still possible you might find three for a dollar someday at that next swap.. :-)
Here's another likely newer kit that was available NOS some years ago: http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=279464

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Montgomery on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 09:30 am:

I bought one at Hershey a year ago for $ 5.00 with 3 bulbs in it. I have seen them for about ten dollars also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A. Woods on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 09:45 am:

Hal, I bought one on Ebay years ago, which I still have. Don't remember how many bulbs were inside, but I think it was just missing one small one. I think both headlight bulbs were there. I don't remember how much I paid, but I may end up Ebaying it again. I also bought a similar GE tin box for bulbs. Don't remember what i paid for it, either, but I may sell it too. I found a Ford emergency kit box in descent condition and will keep and use it. I do think I paid more than $5 or 10 for the GE and Mazda boxes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 10:09 am:

I have a large Eveready Mazda Bulb case with about 20 large and small bulbs. I have had it for yrs. About 2ft. tall and 18 inches wide.
Has anyone seen one of these?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George - Cherry Hill New Jersey on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 11:44 am:

Hal,

When you come to the fork in the road....TAKE IT :-)

Seriously, with only less than a handful showing up here and there each year, it is kind of like E&J #8 cowl lamps...sometimes they go for 250-300 bucks a set when they look sweet and 'unburned'...sometimes 75 a set when only 1/2 hour of brasso is required...sometimes 5 bucks a piece all 'gnarly' and tarnished in an odd box found under a table (but you usually wind up with 2 different hinge types with this last option :-):-) )

Sure, life sometimes says that you no sooner 'go for it' and something else comes along 'on the cheap' but I'm also convinced that 'on the cheap' would have been off my own radar had I not just said 'why not' when I found one :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB Toms River N.J. on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 12:11 pm:

Hal, I ran into a $50.00 a coil guy at a flea market here last summer. Claimed he had an offer for them at that price. It's just my opinion but I think you did right by walking since you didn't have a clue as to value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 12:21 pm:

How meny times have you sold something and as soon as you did some comes along and said "GEE" I'd have given you XXXX more for them, It is
the difference between Foresight and Hindsight
and BS.

Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration