Was this really possible?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Was this really possible?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 11:24 am:

Seems to me that there would be a lot more than 30 minutes work to do what I suspect is some major body work.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1924-OLD-MAGAZINE-PRINT-AD-WADE-FREEMAN-FORD-FORE-DOOR-MO DEL-T-CAR-/290648000788?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43abf88914

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 11:47 am:

And to think he did it with only a screw driver to boot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB Toms River N.J. on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 12:02 pm:

Optimism is the key word here. I've never seen one but having the open area for trans work would be a plus. Might even be a bigger advantage that having a door for access.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 12:24 pm:

What with having to neatly cut out the body panel, fitting the latch and hinge reinforcement frames and installing latch and hinges and door, then priming and painting, I seriously doubt that this project could be done in 30 minutes. 3 hours would be more like it. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 12:50 pm:

I have one . Not on a car. But the kit comes with the frame work with hinge and latch all assembled. All you ned to do is cut out the opening and screw it in place. I've checked and have found that it is narrower than the wood opening and the raised false door ares of the ones that I have looked at.It also has the upholstery attached. Can take and post picture if interested.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 12:53 pm:

Spelling correction before//// ment Need. OK.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 01:05 pm:

Bob, please post photos. Neil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 02:18 pm:

Here are some pictures/ It is NOS. and instructions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 02:27 pm:

Here are some pictures and instructions.

Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration