New and Improved Museum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: New and Improved Museum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Rismiller on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 12:34 pm:

This is my first that I have posted here. I have found out if you just wait long enough you can get a answer to your question. For me the Model T started back when you had the Richmond bash. My son and I were going to Richmond to see what it was all about and when I walked out side there were Ts just going around the block with no place to park. [One of the tours was up the street from my home.] I talked to a few of you and then I said you could park in the lot across the street from the tour stop. They said that the Ts would leak a little oil and I said so what? At the end of the day they said that at one time there was about 40 Ts in the yard at one time. [Who else can say that they had that many T s in their yard] . After we got home from Richmond I guess all I talked about was this old car and my wife had enough of it and she said if you like this so much why dont you get one. So the look was out and I found a 26 coupe. It is not road worthy yet but hope this winter I will get it done. I have had a few tours so far and been on a couple. The biggest one was the Ohio Jamboree. Just a neat thing to be in. The people and cars are just the best! My son now has a 27 pickup and 26 roaster. Any way, my wife, Diane and I talked about our little rides we would have in the Ford but in September that all changed when she passed away. She had MS since 1975. I have been sitting here with the 4 walls not talking back and remembering of all the people here on the forum talking about how their grandparents, parents, family and friends got them started with old Henry. A lot of good stories and pictures. [Like dad in the car and mom is out cranking it.] I called Jay and asked if they had a memorial wall or something and he said they do have and they try to keep it up dated. So I though how else could I say thank you to my wife Diane for letting me be it a great club and meeting a lot of nice people. So what I am trying to say now is the time to remember where you came from and help with the New and Improved Museum.
As Jay told me now is the time of the year to do this cause the club is a 5013 nonprofit organization so what ever the gift is you can take it off of your taxes. This year my family is starting with 1,000. So now is the time to help with our club and museum. Hope to see some of you around.
Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 01:06 pm:

Carl,

Thank you for sharing the beautiful story of your wife and how your T hobby began. My hobby began from birth, having being born into it through my dad's life long love of T's. My dad was a great guy who made the hobby as much fun for me as it was for him. I am very lucky to have had him. It sounds like you were also blessed by your wife Diane. I lost dad in April of 2010. I am certain that he is still by my side every mile that I drive my T. I am also certain that Diane will be there with you as you drive yours.

God bless you and Merry Christmas.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration