Help with instuctions for installing a oneman top

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Help with instuctions for installing a oneman top
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Pfeifer on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 03:42 pm:

I'm assisting several friends in the installation of a one man top on a late 1922 touring. It is a new top he had bought many years ago but has misplaced the installation instructions. It was made by Carters Cut and Cover but they are now longer in business or I can't find a valid way in which to contact them. Therefore I am looking for a copy of the instuctions if anyone may have a set that would help us out in the installation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 06:24 pm:

Here is a 4 page how-to with photos.

http://mtfci2002.readyhosting.com/projects/touring_top_rebuild/index.html

The normal written instructions leave a lot to the imagination, and are really rather poor even if you locate an old copy.

And on my webpage under Photo Gallery, are pics of 1924 one-man top repair/re-cover. Click on my name to go to Profile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Pfeifer on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 08:16 pm:

Thanks Dan, this will definately help verses guessing at the installation. I do appreciate the link and the info that you have provided. Thanks again. Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 09:12 pm:

As much as we all liked Carter's C & C--at one time the only choice in kits--losing the instructions was NO loss if they were like the interior instructions I got with the 23 kit years ago.
I hope that link works for you. Here on dial up all I get is a blank screen.
T'
David D.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration