Tap/Reamer for Stevens front axle Tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Tap/Reamer for Stevens front axle Tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 04:01 pm:

Guys: I have a price for a re pro Tap/Reamer for making new threads for the lower threaded insert. This is not a tap ground down to make work. It will be a copy of the original tap/reamer. I will need at least 10 orders to make this happen. the price will be $113.00 plus shipping each. Let me know if you want one. Will take about 30 days to get them made. Thanks Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark C. Vlasak on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 01:27 am:

Dan,
I would like to order one of the Tap/Reamers.
Email sent to you.
Mark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 04:47 am:

I would like one also. Sending you an email with my address etc
Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 08:56 am:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Harper . . Keene, NH on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 09:47 am:

Hello again Dan,

Yes, I would like one. Please add me to your list. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 01:28 pm:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sosnoski on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 01:42 pm:

Hi Dan

Add me to the list also.

Dave S.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 09:10 am:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 05:11 pm:

Dan,

Part of your topic is "for Stevens front axle tool". So does this mean that you need to have a Stevens tool in order to use this tap/reamer, or can it be used on it's own. Also is this the same part as in the other thread about the tapered reamer or is this something else? Just wanting to know what we are talking about here as I might want to get in on this as well.

Thanks,
Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 07:52 pm:

Steve: This tap/reamer is for installing the bottom threaded insert with the Stevens Front axle tool. It is made to use with the Stevens tool, but I guess a guy could find a way to do it with out the tool. The other reamer I have made is for the top (tapered) insert. I am look in to make the frame for the tool also. It will be after the Jan 1 before I know anything about the frame. I will post that here also. Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robb Wolff on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 08:07 pm:

Steve,

Here are some photos. Dan has been making the threaded inserts and tapered bushings for years. Before I found a Stevens fixture for myself I set up a jig on my drill press for repairing the axle yoke. I also drew up plans and built a Stevens style frame. The Stevens Tool is great because it can be used with the axle still on the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 12:12 pm:

BTT

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration