What do you make of this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: What do you make of this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 11:15 pm:

Or what did they make of it?
From the look of it it appears to be a hand tinted photo so I think it has some age to it.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rik van on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 11:21 pm:

Herb is that chef Boyardee in the background? it doesn't look like the engine is there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 11:30 pm:

Well (or something that rhymes with...), that's Stan Howe on the right. I think it was at Homer's sale this fall...... :-)

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, December 19, 2011 - 11:56 pm:

Rob that is a deep subject!
Rik are you thinking of Spaghetti O's?

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 08:25 am:

They are peeling the road kill from the bottom of the frame so the cook can make dinner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 09:37 am:

That's showing the inventiveness of Americans.

The guy with the tie is holding a mechanized meat grinder. His buddy in the white shirt is pointing to the spot where the drive shaft will be cut to install that grinder.

Then the engine which is being rebuilt by the younger mechanic off the the left (you can only see his arm) will be placed in that rolling frame, and voilą!

Motorized meat wagon will be ready in a spot.

Then, Alfredo, who commissioned the rolling meat grinder is coming out of his kitchen to see how his project is doing. Needs that rolling grinder to make the meatballs for his famous 'Spaghetti ala Flivver'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 11:39 am:

The fact that it's tinted leads me to think this was some kind of momentous occasion or else why bother? Whatever "Tie man" is holding he's standing well inside the frame at the rear crossmember. The "Hand" is holding some piece that I don't think is part of the frame at all. The short sleeve and un broken line of the shirt or dress at the cut off end of the pic could suggest the hand is a woman's. Their clothing suggests 1930's or 40's.Maybe earlier though I'm not sure. The stripped frame might indicate that it's well past the T's time too. If it wasn't for the hand holding what might mount the thing tie man is holding I wouldn't think it's T related at all. Unless it was a 2 seater and had a trunk or pick-up bed back that far cutting the rear seat floor would have been necessary to mount the thing. How about some blow-ups? The key is what he's holding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 12:26 pm:

Here it is bigger (but not much better).

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 12:33 pm:

I just wish I could grow a moustache like the guy in the backround.

I already have the routund physique part perfected. I have an apron and hat like his too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 12:38 pm:

There using it to design the drive through for the restaurant, I'll take a Big Mac and Fries
please.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 01:16 pm:

Where's the pic from Herb?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 01:40 pm:

Just printed the photo and the resolution is much clearer. About the only thing new I noticed is tie man has something in his left hand. Possibly a cigar. Too bad it's cut off. At least I think it's cropped on the left side. Why include the Pizza man and not the inventors assistant? Really intrigueing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 03:29 pm:

Could tie man be holding a pulley hook in preparation for hoisting something heavy? The round thing below his right hand looks like an old style wooden pulley sheave housing. I'd feel more comfortable with this suggestion if they were under a tree or there was a hook or rope hanging down. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 04:49 pm:

I really thought that by now someone would have said.
"A speedster"

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 06:08 pm:

If you look behind the man straddling the drive shaft , there appears to be a large crossmember . Couple that with what appears to be frame rails OUTSIDE the rear crosmember , and you get a truck conversion , or a trailer-in-the-making .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 06:10 pm:

If you look behind the man straddling the drive shaft , there appears to be a large crossmember . Couple that with what appears to be frame rails OUTSIDE the rear crosmember , and you get a truck conversion , or a trailer-in-the-making . Add the cook , and maybe it`s going to be Cookies` kitchen wagon for the next cattle drive .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Langevin , Grants Pass , Ore on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 06:12 pm:

Sorry about the double post , I don`t know how that happened , I just kept typin` !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 02:22 am:

The choice of such an picture for hand tinting suggests the family didn't have any better of one or both the pictured men in the center - and new ones weren't possible for some reason - unexpected death?

The frame may be in the process of being converted into a trailer? Or after a long service as first family car, then trailer the T's remains was going to be combined yard art and portable flower bed sometime around 1950?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez - Templeton, CA on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 08:27 pm:

Naw, that's Tony in the background. This was the first Tony's pizza truck. He doesn't care about how they build it, they just need to finish it!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration