Locking a spare

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Locking a spare
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 12:26 pm:

How is the spare supposed to be locked? The way I have it in the picture doesn't do anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way . Wa. on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 12:46 pm:

Tom
I'm not sure but I think that you need a plastic covered padlock or you will bang up your nice power coating work. GRIN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom J. Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 01:07 pm:

If that nut is torqued, I don't see any way you could loosen it by turning the padlock. Nor do think there's enough room to spin the lock with a crescent wrench. So in my mind you've slowed any would be thief.

On the other hand, What if you used a long shackle lock and caught a spoke?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration