Another run of Stevens TAPERED reamers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: Another run of Stevens TAPERED reamers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 02:52 pm:

Guys: I have some request for more tapered reamers. I am going to talk to my tool guy and see what the cost would be for another small run. Is there anyone else that would want one? The cost will be more because of the smaller run, but if I could get more orders that would help. Let me know if you want one. I will let you know the cost before I have them made. Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 09:10 am:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 12:52 pm:

Please explain? What's a tapered reamer for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 01:05 pm:

Tapered reamer is for installing the tapered insert(bushing) in the upper hole on the front axle (kingpin hole). To repair a worn out hole there. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 05:07 pm:

Dan, put me on the list. I would be getting this for the Nebraskaland Chapter's new tool library.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 07:54 pm:

Steve: Email me and I will let you know what happens. Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark C. Vlasak on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 12:22 am:

Dan,
You know that I want and need a tapered reamer.

I am still kicking myself that I did not order one on your first offering.

After talking to you on the phone and communicating with others , I realize that you have been providing a valuable service to the Model T community for years. You have had the top tapered inserts and bottom threaded inserts available for sale.

I appreciate the time and effort that you put into having these tapered reamers and tap reamers made and offered for sale to the Model T community.

I have come to understand how useful and effective the Stevens Reaming Fixture is to make the spindle bolt tight in the front axle yoke.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration