E Brake

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2011: E Brake
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Clarke on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 07:02 pm:

Are there different lengths of E brake levers? I want to install an extension handle so not to have to reach so far for it. Problem is that the extension handle that I have will hit the dash. It needs to be lower. Any ideas? Thanks, Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 08:08 pm:

might have to bow or bend it so it doesn't hit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 08:11 pm:

might have to bow or bend it so it doesn't hit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 08:15 pm:

Boy am I disappointed, I thought we were going to discuss an E-brake to go with our E-timer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 10:25 pm:

There is an accessory that I have seen several of, that clamps on the handle and extends the grab handle to the rear. The whole handle becomes "L" shaped.
John Danuser had one once upon a time.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska - Denver Colorado on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 10:39 pm:

I have a couple of the extension levers for the e-brake. I wanted to add one to my 26 coupe but it hits the dash and won't work. I have them on my 14 Touring and Depot Hack that have flat dash boards and they work great.

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 10:56 pm:

The L shaped extension that the vendors sell would seem to make it easier to pull the lever from high to neutral......but wouldn't it make it much harder to go from neutral to brakes?

I don't have one but it seems you would have to be a contorsionist to pull it that far back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 11:36 pm:

Herb I sold that NOS pc at the 100th T Party in Richmond Indiana

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Clarke on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 12:57 am:

Thankyou for all of the input. Yes I have one of those L shaped extensions and I'm trying to use it in my 26 Coupe and I've run into the same problem as Paul. It hits the dash. I think it would work well if it fit. When my lever is forward, its almost even with the pedals. As I have recently had a knee replacement and also packing to many pounds, its a long ways to reach that lever. May its time to loose some weight.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration